By SuperShy - 06/09/2016 04:29 - United States - Massillon

Today, I realized just how shy and awkward I really am when I averted my eyes to avoid making eye contact with someone who turned out to be a cardboard cut-out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 259
You deserved it 2 131

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Uh, that's actually how you avoid getting trapped in the cardboard cutout, so I don't get the FML. After the cardboard cutout uprising, the only humans left will be the socially awkward.

As someone who spent years with severe social anxiety, I feel your pain OP.

Comments

Taco The Dank 27

Horace's backroom cardboard cutout

I was eating out one day and this man kept staring at me from across the room. After some furious squinting from my part, it turns out the man was a cardboard cut-out made to look like another diner. Moral of the story: I should put on my glasses more (I'm myopic).

GuiltyEren 11

I feel you OP, I was watching YouTube videos on Calculus and the person doing the videos was a very cute girl. She looks at the camera for a couple of seconds with such intensity that everytime she did, I would either look up or right for awhile. Realized it was really stupid of me to look away at the video of a girl, but I'm still uncomfortable everytime she stares deeply at the camera.

If you want to confront your shyness you can. It's not easy, but if you don't have panic attacks, just a bout of shyness, try to challenge yourself to, say , look the cashier in the eye at a checkout. Or as you walk down the street. Also, as you are a woman, a sense of confidence is portrayed and could ward off a potential threatening situation.

Mortoli 30

dont feel bad those things look real as hell while at work i was doing a round and went up some stairs and saw one i jumped out of me skin before realizing it wasnt a person lol

Once when I was sleep deprived, I watched a bunch of JU-ON/Grudge based videos, with the women with the broken throat. Sometime around 11 the next night, I still hadn't slept but my mother really needed something from the store. I go in the store and am look around when I hear, "grglglglglg"- the same Grudge gurgling I've been hearing in the videos. Cue me shrieking and practically bolting to the other side of the aisle, reaching the shelf, turning around, ready to face my doom to find... A cutout ad. For an over the counter insomnia medication. (And several very concerned patrons staring at the obviously sleep deprived and slightly delusional teenager.)