By Damn - 06/05/2012 13:53 - Australia

Today, I noticed my nephew has blue eyes, freckles and dimples which don't run in my family or my sister's husband's family, but they do run in my husband's family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 283
You deserved it 4 256

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theonlysweetpea 10

Run a DNA test on both. Then kick ass if your poor sweet nephew is your stepson.

Maybe you're over reacting? Sorry :(

Comments

@3 Exactly what I came in to say. (Well, not word for word, but...)

iknowimawesome 13

I'm sure you're just over analyzing things right now.

Ugh. My husband and I both have brown eyes and our daughter has blue! Don't be such a fool. Things skip for generations all the time

my_name_is_earl 9

I can see it now.. Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

upsidedownfrownn 5
mongoose80 4

You are out of your mind. First, even if we accept for the sake of argument that your sister did cheat on her husband with someone with blue eyes, freckles, and dimples in his family, why do you jump to the conclusion that it was with your husband, and not one of the millions of other people with blue eyes, freckles, and dimples in their family? I pity your husband. Second, as numerous others have noted, your reasoning is completely ignorant of genetics. Blue eyes are a recessive trait. Blue eyes MUST run in your sister's family, or it would be impossible for her to have a child with blue eyes. Blue eyes must also run in your sister's husband's family if she didn't cheat on him, but if you're wrong about whether blue eyes run in YOUR OWN FAMILY, why on earth should you expect to be right about whether or not blue eyes run in your sister's husband's family?

Did you ever take Bio? If so do you remember the topic of dominate and recessive traits? Just because they do not run in your family doesn't mean they are not there.

So what are you complaining about?

abjohnston4 1

I think you're jumping to conclusions, if your sister cheated it might not have even been with your husband. Blue eyes and dimples are common traits.