By Bawsack - 22/11/2016 09:45 - United Kingdom - Edinburgh

Today, I missed an important meeting at work because I was vomiting from painful cramps. Just last week I was recommending that everyone get the implant because I hadn't had symptoms in two years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 680
You deserved it 1 374

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'd say one bad "episode" like that every few years is worth it as opposed to every month. Though this one just came at a bad time...not surprising since period related issues generally are great at being poorly timed.

I'm sure the vomiting adds another layer of birth control protection to the implant's defense system.

Comments

bleu85 11

sorry to hear that...you should go see a doctor immediately.

I also have the implant and it really does seem to depend upon the individual. It's terrible that you, and some others, have had bad reactions. I wonder if it just seems to enhance your standard menstrual cycle? Any input would be great. I used to have light to average periods, rarely with cramping. Eight months later I've only had occasional spotting after an extremely long (26 days to be exact) period about six months ago. I was told by my OBGYN that the first six months are the unknown symptoms and regulate by the end of that "trial"

I've had Mirena for a while now, my cycle is about 70 days on average now with minor spotting as my "period", if you can call it that. I do get the occasional moodswing. Recommended it to a friend and she has been bleeding ever since she got it. So yes, from person to person I guess :P The first 6 months were a hell for me though :')

Once every couple years? Lucky you. Still, FYL, cramps suck. I've had the Jaydess IUD for about six months now, and I get cramps every month. Before, I used to get them, maybe like, once a year? But for me, it's still better than the mood swing pills I had before :D

You still had two years problem free. Doesn't sound too bad to me.