Not a morning person

By Anonymous - 30/01/2024 17:00 - United States

Today, I was forced to come in to work early in the morning. For me, that means I will have a pounding migraine, vomiting, and diarrhea for at least the next two weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 399
You deserved it 244

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OP, I am confused about the nature of an ailment or condition that causes those responses to having to come to work early in the morning. Lacking such explanatory information it makes your story sound overstated. A lot of us aren't exactly morning people, but nearly all of us manage to get to work by the required time.

Submit a note from your doctor that you cannot do that again under any circumstances because it triggers those reactions, and that they could keep you from returning to work.

Comments

Submit a note from your doctor that you cannot do that again under any circumstances because it triggers those reactions, and that they could keep you from returning to work.

OP, I am confused about the nature of an ailment or condition that causes those responses to having to come to work early in the morning. Lacking such explanatory information it makes your story sound overstated. A lot of us aren't exactly morning people, but nearly all of us manage to get to work by the required time.

009bouris 5

I'm really confused. How on earth does getting up early make you nauseous and give you the hershey squirts for two whole weeks?? You're either a complete anomaly, a total drama queen, or this is total bs.

A lot of ableism in these comments. Disappointing.

I see we found the victim here lol. this person did not give any context as to why so all we can assume is they hate getting up in the morning. if there was context with say a medical condition it would make more sense. without that this person just sounds like a whiny bitch

I’ve heard of a lot of disabilities that cause X if you do Y, but this one’s a new one on me. Not saying it’s fake, but definitely saying it’s unusual.

BrizBurry 8

there's absolutely no physical reasons that one morning waking up early will lead to symptoms that last that long. sounds psychosomatic and ur causing your own strife

Migraines of that kind of intensity and duration (and the migraine probably causes the gastro symptoms) can and should be medicated. I've actually been on a medication to prevent migraines since before they invented migraine-specific medication - it's a blood pressure med, but it keeps me from getting them, when I used to have four to six a week. Definitely try to see a neurologist if you can afford it.