By Carrie - 11/01/2009 03:52 - France

Today, I'm a medicine student, it's my sixth year, and I have spent the whole day in surgery. No one dared tell me that what I was wearing on my feet was actually supposed to be put over my hair. Which was embarrassing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 559
You deserved it 8 009

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Afraid to tell you? More like they were all laughing behind the mask.

anonigra 0

I'm in nursing school, and during our OR rotations, some kids make the opposite mistake, they put the shoe covers on their heads.

Comments

Actually that was what they made us do in one of the hospitals, when they ran out of theatre clogs.

IvyLee_fml 1

meanwhile, somewhere else on FML: Today, I got surgery. The surgeon was wearing head caps on his feet. FML.

Epikouros 31

Yep, I've worn similar shoe covers when visiting a nuclear power plant.

Whats even more embarrassing is u callin urself a medicine student and not a MEDICAL student stupid

iBiteRoses 22

Hey 16, what's REALLY embarrassing is the fact that you're making fun of OP's English when they're from France... smh.

Link5794 18

And this website is actually based on a French site.

They let you in surgery without a cap on? I call big BS, I went to vet tech school and if we couldn't get away with that with animals why the f' would you get away with it in human surgery?? And a sixth year? You are lying friend.

Poorly written but still a good fml.

Well, I work in the OR and I would have told you. If not me, then one of the nurses or other doctors would have because it's a safety issue, the floors are slippery. If they didn't tell you, then it was to see how long you could walk in those hair covers before slipping and busting your ass; I'm actually more surprised that you didn't slip and fall. Shoe covers come with little grips on them here in the US, so I'm sure they do over there too. Also, the hair covers are rather large and loose, so you would have had to tie or modify them to fit shoes...it's kind of sad that you are a doctor in training...

simplyej 0

Is the "Which was embarassing" at the end really necessary?

It's a common mistake, don't worry about it