By Anonymous - 24/07/2013 07:33 - United States - Alpine

Spicy
Today, I learned that my wife used to strip while in college. I found this out when I brought her to a work party and my boss recognized her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 177
You deserved it 4 345

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well you gotta get through college somehow, at least its better than being a prostitute

Comments

wrwrestler13 4

And anybody thumbs-downing the above comment: You just show your ignorance and sexism by doing so. If you do not have a logical reply, then do not thumb it down, period

I thumbed you down because you don't know how to use the reply button. Also because you assume anyone who disagrees with you is sexist. Also because your comment was stupid.

I believe boss should have kept his trap shut ..its only proper ..him being boss an all..husband probably told his life view before marrying..sh probably should have said something ..because its not everyday that you tell someone you used to strip ..but also I could understand if she might have loved him and didn't want to change his mind ..but in another matter they should have been prepared for anything to be thrown in the path..if they were truly ready for marriage ..

Bostern 29

I was just gonna say I thumbed him down because he was being a ******, but you put it much more eloquently #32.

28- You sound like a fifteen year old. Your argument is inane and loops in on itself in some ways. The idea you were portraying was so simple it could've been summed up in one or two sentences in a concise manner. "Withholding information is wrong, whether you are male or female." Is essentially what you took four poorly constructed paragraphs to write. Your aggressive tone, almost belittling of those you address, combined with your lacking phrase structure and weak, flat analogies, leave your argument, and comment, dead in the water. In summary, I'm sure I've had morning gas as articulate.

How is that stupid? Although the height example was probably not the best for this particular situation the concept still stands. You can't blame a person for wanting to know their spouse i.e. the person they are going to spend the rest of their life with. You don't have to tell everybody about your past but your spouse is the one exception. Even on a need to know basis your spouse needs to know such things.

How is what she did to get money for college relevant at all to keep a marriage long-standing?

One of my girl friends stripped to put herself through college. She's now a successful lawyer. She said the key was to make sure she stayed focused and didn't get involved with drugs. She wasn't ashamed of her past and never hid the fact that she stripped to her closet friends. I guess OP's wife just wanted to forget and not bring it up.

wrwrestler13 4

Enslaved- and that is good! Good for her for doing what she needed to do to become successful. Just like good for the guys who wear height increasing insoles to overcome the prejudice in dating and become successful. Either both are good, or both are bad correct?

I'm assuming you're using the app. Take your finger. Place it on the screen on the comment you wish to reply to. Slide it over. Place your finger on the "reply" icon. You're welcome.

Yes good for her but, I do have to say, years of her being treated as a "sex object" did do some damage and instilled a lot of trust issues. She has a very difficult time being in a relationship because she's seen SO much in that-- world of fantasy. Sexually harassed? I know a lawyer. :P

While possible, everyone handles situations differently. You can't assume every ex-stripper has trust issues.

30:... Not sure if you're being sarcastic.. Or if you only think halfway through a though before saying it... You equated men lying about their height to get women, to woman lying about stripping to get husbands, an now you're saying it's good that they do? ERROR! ERROR!! ILLOGICAL! DOES NOT COMPUTE!!

football98_fml 20

damn, yd u put this in fml? id love to have a stripper as a wife

as long as she doesn't do that anymore. And look on the bright side. At least you get free lap dances for life!

wow that must've been a little awkward but look at the benefits you might be able to stay on your boss is good side if you know what I mean

That's awful! Don't you think that may be the reason she didn't want to tell him?

RedPillSucks 31

@43 So you want OP to prostitute out his wife to the boss for favors?

She *was a stripper, not a damn prostitute.

People act like she was a prostitute, and that she had actually LIED to him. The OP never says he asked her if she had been a stripper and she said no, more than likely she just kept the secret. And who wouldn't hide that? Would I want the person I love to think I'm a sex toy, something to show off? And to people going: "free lap dances for life" maybe that's why she didn't tell him in the first place.

Goblin182 26

I wouldn't mind if my wife thought of me as her sex toy, something to show off.

And a lot of strippers perform sexual favors to clients. It's all about money in that business.

46, that's EXACTLY why she didn't want to say, most likely. And to 56, you aren't an already objectified woman, you and this woman are not comparable.

Time to install a pole in your bedroom.

I know this seems like a douchbag comment but I actually see this as turning the situation into a possitive thing. i wouldn't just install it but maybe bring it up to your wife. tell her that youd really enjoy seeing a few of her moves and maybe youd return the favor just so she feels comfortable. you guys can laugh about it and it would spice up your sex life. its a win win... dont push it tho if she says no.

riddlez19 7

She had to put herself through college somehow