By Anonymous - 24/07/2013 07:33 - United States - Alpine

Spicy
Today, I learned that my wife used to strip while in college. I found this out when I brought her to a work party and my boss recognized her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 177
You deserved it 4 345

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well you gotta get through college somehow, at least its better than being a prostitute

Comments

That's not your wife or your fault. It's your boss's.

I doubt anyone forced her to be a stripper. If she's ashamed of it now, she has no one to blame but herself.

She had to get money somehow. Maybe she couldn't take a day job, and all other night jobs were even worse?

Plenty of people pay their way through college without resorting to stripping. Since she tried to keep it from her husband all this time, it was clearly something she didn't really want to do. She could have found another option.

Dude. You're dating a stripper. Its fine. Also, what the HELL. I would think the brain-mouth filter should kick in before "don't I remember you from the strip club?" comes out. There isn't any kind of non-awkward way for the conversation to go. If he's wrong, he just said your wife looks like a stripper. If he's right, either its the above situation or you just told your employee you used to pay to watch his wife get naked. There is no good way for that comment to end.

Atleast you can say that she was a good professional, given the fact that your boss still remember her...

RedPillSucks 31

Well, You don't say how long ago College was for your wife. Nor how the boss related that fact to you. I understand that this is an embarrassing way to find out. Sounds like you and your wife should have a discussion about it.

i bet that was awakward. but it isnt like collage is cheap

Thats a bummer. But at least she WENT to college. She gave it her best. Things happen. It was pretty classless of your boss to bring it up in the first place. :/

I particularly don't think that working as a stripper diminishes somebody. But perhaps OP's wife is ashamed of her past, because most people who strip don't do it for fun (in her case, it was to pay college). Like they say, every saint has a past, and what matters is that OP and his wife are happy together, and she probably is a good partner to him.

I'm sorry, I know I'll come across as a prude, but for me strippers are no different than prostitutes. They are still getting naked to make money. And to say that she couldnt do anything else to pay for college is total bullshit. I paid for college without having to get money from my parents of take my clothes off so a bunch of men would give pay me. That to me is the easy way out for people who already don't have very tight morals. There are a lot of different jobs out there , no need to resort to this then have to explain to your kids one day you were too lazy to get a job so mommy had to show her boobs in a club.