By CancerFdMyLife - 26/09/2013 13:50 - United States - Washington

Today, I learned that an antidepressant that works too well is a stimulant. I've been jittering and twitching like a meth-head, and my co-workers are asking when Jesse will be showing up with my "stuff". FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 164
You deserved it 3 497

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Soon you'll be selling office supplies for hits, and holding coworkers up at stapler-point for more money, deadline tomorrow noon.

Comments

castleofg1ass 19

Change your name to Trevor and embrace the meds

I signed up for an account here just to say this: talk to your doctor. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "acting like a meth head" but if you are getting very hyper, talking really fast but not making much sense, etc you should get medical help. Anti-depressants can trigger mania (it most likely tells you this somewhere in the 5 pages of information that came with your meds too) which can present similarly to being on stimulants. Hope you're okay/ better!

sorry to hear that. talk to the Dr asap. good luck

I took an anti-depressant and had this exact same problem. I was constantly grinding my teeth and was shaking. I didn't sleep for 4 days and then as soon as I changed meds the twitching went away. Talk to your doctor about it, it's all trial and error until you get on the right one.

Metal_Chick 15

"Tight, tight, tight, yeah!! Blue, yellow, pink!! Whatever man just keep bringing me that stuff."

Just talk to your doctor and explain that you need to try a different medication. The right one is out there for you. Good luck!

Most likely it will go after the couple of weeks of getting your body used to normal levels.