By Banker - 30/01/2009 16:19 - United States

Today, I interviewed for a call center job making $13/hr, the only job where they called back. I used to live in a doorman luxury apartment in Manhattan with a prime skyline view and clubhouse. That was last month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 638
You deserved it 9 076

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lachef93 0

wtf? what happened? you are ridiculous. try rewriting this one so you don't make everyone on this site feel as small as your penis.

Crackerman 0

a) $13/hr in NYC is like $6/hr in most of the rest of the country when you factor in cost of living. Almost anywhere else, it's great. But NYC is INSANELY expensive. b) If you could afford the Manhattan Penthouse, most of you'd have one too. So, you can't really come down on him too hard about that. Now, that being said, I have absolutely no sympathy for you. People like you are the reason everyone else is suffering. Maybe this will teach you to appreciate the value of hard work and earning what you have.

Comments

Crackerman 0

a) $13/hr in NYC is like $6/hr in most of the rest of the country when you factor in cost of living. Almost anywhere else, it's great. But NYC is INSANELY expensive. b) If you could afford the Manhattan Penthouse, most of you'd have one too. So, you can't really come down on him too hard about that. Now, that being said, I have absolutely no sympathy for you. People like you are the reason everyone else is suffering. Maybe this will teach you to appreciate the value of hard work and earning what you have.

this is more a wake-up to the real world rather than a fml. at least you can find a job, the unemployment rate here is 10% of the population. try living on that salary with a spouse and child, if you think thats bad.

Ferretknows 0

Made an account just to post here. I think the posters attacking the OP really need to get some perspective on life and, in general, the world around them. Following the logic that most of you have shown that you uphold, people in countries that live in poverty and have never even SEEN a computer in their lives and never will could call YOU spoiled and ungrateful for the things that YOU have. Let's all have some rational understanding of relativity, please. Not to mention that we have no idea about his true situation just based on his FML.

You guys telling this guy he is lucky to be making that much are a bunch of jackasses. Did you all spend 4-6 years of your life in college? If you did and you're still making that much - you're doing something wrong.

this. OP sounds like a bit of a jerk but so do the people hating on him. 13/hr isn't great

I don't get why OP sounds like a jerk. Can someone please explain.

It's called diversification. Never put all your eggs in one basket. I'm guessing your a banker, so if you couldn't figure out that their was an economic bubble going on then too bad. Hopefully you have enough invested in stocks so that when the market turns around you'll be back on your feet, but i wouldn't sell any stocks or bonds that you have.

fuckmyl1f333 0

hope everything's working out for you. best of luck. (and to some of my fellow commenters: bashing someone else that fell on hard times isn't going to make your own hard times any better.)

I know right now it's sucks but it really could be worse. Your have a job, hopefuly shelter and food. I live in boston and our cost of living is almost up there with NY

I wish I made $13 an hour... right now I'm making a little over half that :-/