By gypsy - 24/06/2011 02:00 - Australia

Today, I hired a cleaner to clean my apartment so when my in-laws visited tonight, they wouldn't think I was lazy. I got home from work, the cleaner hadn't shown at all, and my in-laws had arrived early. My mother-in-law is now mopping the floors. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 280
You deserved it 37 735

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

If you work all the time, you really don't have time to clean everything so it sparkles.

candys123 0

why would you even allow your MIL to pick up the mop? you are disgusting!

ThEsAlAdMuNcHeR 0

well maybe u should've got off ur LAZY butt and cleaned instead of paying her and erred ur wife/husband

obviously you ARE lazy, otherwise you'd have done it yourself instead of hiring other people to do your dirty work....YDI! And while you're at it, you need to explain what kinda bs your tried to pull over on them & then PAY the person who mopped your floor $100 just for the principle of it all...money well spent for a lesson learned. now get off your lazy ass & do something productive!

lilcec76 0

what does YDI mean???? plzz

lol! I thought it meant 'you dumb idiot'. whoops.

It could be that OP is a fine housekeeper, and that the MIL is just really picky. I have a friend like that... The house could be tidy and it still isn't good enough.

In-laws can be extremely critical. It's possible that OP isn't actually lazy, but in the past, the mother/father-in-law had probably called him/her lazy before. OP then hired the professional cleaner to make things extra nice even tho he/she had work. It sucks that the cleaner dropped the ball and never showed up. So cut OP some slack. In-laws can be nightmares to have visit.

elpacino32605 0

wow! you still had to hire a cleaner? it's a freaken apartment! can't be that hard to clean...you definitely deserve it and an award for being lazy

Well if she's mopping the floor then why the hell are you on FML instead of helping her clean up your own appartment?