By Anonymous - 18/02/2013 07:44 - Canada - Montreal

Today, I had to spend a few hours in a hospital with a toddler and a preschooler projecting vomit all over, because my husband thinks "expiration dates are for pussies." FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 288
You deserved it 4 603

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How did OP end up with theses kids? Expired condoms?

I am assuming these are your children... so why the hell would you let their FATHER dictate a "policy" that could potentially poison them? You need to assert yourself more, especially on matters of safety, for your children's sake if not your own.

Comments

Tell him that people who tell stuff like this are cheap bastards and make him eat expired eggs and milk

beanthemouse 13

People here are saying its the OPs fault for not cleaning out the cupbord of off food... What? I bet you guys that the last time YOU rid the cupboard of old food was 6 months ago! Not everyone checks each and every day for old food. And so that means beacuse she didn't throw out the food her husband has the right to feed the children old food? I have a greedy uncle who eats old, old food. Some even from 2011! He is about 40, and hardly vomits beacuse of his imune system. But he never feeds my cousins old food. A child is diffrent. A day or so from the date is fine I geuss, but in this case it would be a week or two. Children get sick very easily, and he is not a very good perant to feed his children past food! If he thinks its for *******, then HE should eat it and not serve others the food! Now, before I eat any food, I ALWAYS check the date. If its expired, then I simply throw it out. OP, since I am a bad person, and this happend to me, I would give my husband OLD, YUCKY food. And yucky food only! When he comments how it tastes, I would say "well, you did say expiration dates were for *******, so since I am a pussy I am gonna feed them all to you, to keep your (ugh) manliness" that should teach him a lesson. *laughs crazily*

Satoaoi 13

well I hope you made him clean the shit up

paramor3 23

It could be worse...they could have been fed airport/gas station sushi that's been rolled up in saran wrap and left to "age" in the faux refrigerating display! Now that stuff will make the exorcist vomit look like an exaggerated burp!

HE should have been there right with you - catching the mess

No my mom sometimes brings juices home from wiork I've twice drank soured orange juice I've learned to check

you should have checked the date yourself or smelled before you gave it to your children. Unless your to pussy to test it your self. I believe you got what you deserve and I feel sorry for your kids since there parents are a couple of fucktards!

Your husband sounds like a macho douche. How is becoming sick and dehydrated going to make your kids tough?

"So is pussy, you pussy, so check the expiration date on your hand cream."