By Ange - 15/01/2012 19:34 - United States

Today, I had to slowly explain to my daughter why her Facebook profile isn't a valid piece of ID. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 457
You deserved it 5 090

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have so much faith for this generation...

Imagine the amount of girls that would have to pose with a duck face if a Facebook profile picture were authorized as an ID.

Comments

He's a bad parent for explaining a concept to his daughter?

desireev 17

190- Why blame the parents? It doesn't natter how anybody raised their children, it's the decisions that people make that affect them most. Don't blame the parents. That's not fair. There are plenty of good parents whose child wound up becoming a drug addict. And there are plenty of parents who do drugs and make bad decisions and their children ended up going to college and doing great things. It's all about the decisions YOU make. Not your parents!

Hmm, Desireev, you ever hear of the 'Nature vs Nurture' argument in regards to people's upbringing and development? Check it out, you strike me as more of a Nature Person, while #190 here says bad parenting, would be all in the nurturing. I kind of lean more towards nurture myself, but I also believe nature plays a big part of it as well. (shrugs) Your thoughts?

MissCutiee 0

Well, at least you know she's not getting into college. So why waste your time? *whats op mean..?*

How old is your daughter? And this isn't necessarily bad parenting, just bad peer pressure/friends who also got the girl into the site. :D

Well actually, one time at the restaurant were I work this lady was so piss drunk she was giving out 20's to anyone that was a Leo. I had forgotten my ID at home, so she accepted my Facebook profile.

OP's daughter is a prophet. She's just a few years early.

cami28 0

We make the duck face because we don't want to look like we are taking selfies seriously it's a joke so get over yourself

You raised her! My kids have known what official ID is since they were 6 or 7 yrs old!!!

I know some employers look at applicees facebook accounts (because you now have to put your email on your application) but I find this very difficult to believe that you got hired because you showed your facebook. I smell FAKE!!! Also, teens like me are interested with social network sites because..well...it's hard to explain. But blaming him because he has a daughter interested in that is pretty much a stupid reason.

Facebook is taking over the world...