By pirsquared - 28/01/2012 01:20 - United States

Today, I had to Google how to find the area of a circle. I'm working on my PhD in engineering. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 854
You deserved it 36 628

Same thing different taste

Comments

something to do with pie.... mmmm pie -drools-

Sir, if I were your teacher, and you were my student, I would've given you +10 if you wrote that in your exam. Before molesting you after class, of course.

31-Is that why your named dirtyolduncle.

No 85, it's cuz he doesn't shower. Thought that was obvious...

Redoxx_fml 22

Hey she was smart enough to use Google

Maybe you need some thing a little more basic. Like just drawing the circle.

Lol its ok bro. Im a chem eng major and i forget how to calculate molar concentration in the lab sometimes, lol. ERTW!

Ali_Br_fml 33

Oh dude, you're going to need that in maybe all of your chemistry classes. That's 1 of the formulas that you should get memorized...now Here it is Molarity = moles of solute (n)/volume of solution (V in liters) You will really need it starting in general chem 1... Though that formula is the least of your worries. Good luck. Chem isn't easy. Stick through it though. We need more science majors.

I'm an EE and sometimes I forget ohm's law when I'm trying to solve for something other than voltage.

LunaDragon 10

And I'm to stupid, I haven't the slightest idea what half of the comments mean, pfff probably why I be stuck working at walmart for fml.

LunaDragon 10

*forever damn it, time for to shut up and get some sleep.

I memorised the formula of concentration by this Great idea : n/v looks like a broken heart

Chemical engineering has nothing to do with chemistry though... Lolol. A friend of mine actually switched out of chemical engineering to pharmacy, because it was NOTHING like she was expecting no Chem. Lol

Also Molarity=concentration in g/l divide by molar mass.....now you'll ace your test... :) and for ohms law, you need to know that, voltage(V)=current multiplied by resistance.... I knew the physics,chemistry and biology I'm taking will come in handy :)

All that's chem prep. Someone explain molarity and molality and which deals with liters of solute.

Ali_Br_fml 33

Ok, let me rephrase... In the 3 types of chemistry, memorizing Molarity will be the least of your worries, but you should. (it will make life easier to just memorize it, b/c after a while, they stop providing that formula...like after the 1st test) You will be taking a lot of chem in chemical engineering... General Chemistry parts 1&2 Organic Chemistry parts 1&2 Physical Chemistry (I didn't take this class and don't plan to take it, so I'm not 100% sure if there are 2 parts, but most likely there are.) I mean, that feels like a lot of Chem to me. If you don't take any of them at the same time, that's 2.5 to 3 years worth of chem... (depending on whether or not physical chem comes in 2 parts) I don't know about the actual work of chemical engineers, since I'm not going to do that, but you need 5 or 6 chemistry classes (each part counts as a class since you get grades for each one) Good luck in your career. We need more science majors. I'm biased though, because I love science. (bio though)

Chemical engineering does not require organic chemistry at all... Lolol.

Ali_Br_fml 33

Ok Margie, maybe not in your college, but in the University of Washington, there are 3 general chem courses, 2 organic chem & 2 physical chem courses You need those before you can even think about getting anywhere near the actual courses. It depends on your college though. In the CUNY colleges (City universities of new York), you need only 2 general chemistry classes & their labs. Quantitative analysis organic chem 1&2 with their labs, and physical chem. I only listed the chem requirements, not physics or calc. Why don't you google it? Maybe your friend didn't get far enough in his/her studies to know he/she needed orgo. But seriously? Why wouldn't you need orgo? Organic Chemistry. We are Organic, as is anything containing carbon. Chemical engineers will work with organic and inorganic compounds, so they have to learn about them. We wouldn't want a doctor operating on us if they never took anatomy and physiology and couldn't locate the organ on which they would be operating...just saying...

MsMeiriona 2

Hey, you CAN look it up. Save the brain space for things that you need to use often.

perdix 29

pi*d^2/4 Engineers use diameters, not radii. You can measure diameters with calipers, micrometers, etc. Nevertheless, that's pretty sad. Let's hope your thesis committee doesn't read FML.

GoW_Chick 14

I love it when you speak geek, it is rather sexy. ;)

perdix 29

Not yet you don't try this z=p1-p2/sqr rt(p2(1-p2)/n) yeah how sexy was that?

97-Show off hahhahahaha she still has to pick. I think i have a good chance.

You must be a machinist and know how retarded engineers truly are...

perdix 29

Omnia Gallia in tres partes divisa est. Boo-yah, bitches! I'm not just a math geek, I'm a renaissance geek. Let's see how she likes me now!

Yeah yeah Perdix is a geek, who knew, but come on I gave the world fire... Who can compete with that?

quite_bored 9

Perdix, don't kill me if I'm wrong but isn't it "Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres."?

146 - No. Perdix does not have the capability of being wrong.

quite_bored 9

Must be nice to never be wrong.

perdix 29

#146, you are more correct, but I am not wrong. I found out that oftentimes, the quote is given in the order I remembered, even though the original is as you wrote. I don't know why they would do that to us.

perdix 29

Yeah, Pr0metheus, fire's pretty good, but I gave them the saw and the compass -- which isn't too shabby. BTW, for all my fellow classical geeks out there, I follow Bulfinch's Mythology where he is called Perdix and not Talus.

quite_bored 9
RedPillSucks 31

This is like "A fish called Wanda" except with math instead of italian. Is anyone else horny or is it just me? Perdix? I'm waiting...

Haha, it's always something simple that will trip someone up.

I fear for the future structural prosperity of your country.