By fire - 15/12/2009 00:00 - United States

Today, I had to call 911. Why? My fireplace caught on fire. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 529
You deserved it 6 596

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A fire in a fireplace? So unexpected. Even M. Night Shyamalan (is that spelled correctly?) cannot come up with a twist like this.

slyfox781 0

lol u do realize that's what there suppose to do right?

Comments

I am a fire fighter and you would be surprised at the number of calls we get for flue fires. Its not as uncommon as you think. That is why you need to have your flue's cleaned every year or so depending on usage. If you think that is bad try having to call 911 for your own house being on fire. I know it happened to me this past Feb.

i wonder if the writer was typing this up and hit send, read it over real fast, and was like "wow im stupid.... nonono DONTSEND!!!" and it sent

chem1calburn 2

People think just because it's a "fireplace" that there is no chance of it catching on fire. It's not true. Over time matter begins to build up from the harmful gases going up and out the chimney. Another possibility is that the wall behind the fireplace deteriorates over time with use, which can essentially cause fires as well. It's not really their fault. There's not a lot of education when it comes to fireplaces and the possibility of them catching fire.

A few years ago the same thing happened with mine. It turns out that the last owner didn't really build a fire place to light fires, but just for decoration. We though hey its a fire place lets have fires in it. So we did...then one day my step father made a fire in it. Didn't turn out that nicely. Burnt down a side of the room and also part of the ceiling. We rebuilt it though now it if a gas fireplace.

bigsexy94 6

i feel as though i should point out that... fire in fireplaces is like the natural use of them

i think you need to call mary poppins her and her chimney sweeps are quite good i hear

this is worded funny the fireplace was on fire...

i know your pain, i had to do that last winter