By fire - 15/12/2009 00:00 - United States

Today, I had to call 911. Why? My fireplace caught on fire. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 528
You deserved it 6 595

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A fire in a fireplace? So unexpected. Even M. Night Shyamalan (is that spelled correctly?) cannot come up with a twist like this.

slyfox781 0

lol u do realize that's what there suppose to do right?

Comments

A fireplace? On fire? Wow....how dare it. A fireplace should NEVER have a fire. Gosh what were they thinking when they made fireplaces? *shakes head sadly* isnt that what theyre SUPPOSED to do?

I hope you realize that when it catches on fire it is a bad thing.

VolleyballSMASH 1

Oh My GAWD! Are you serious? Mine has been bursting into flames at the touch of a button for years!!! crapcrapcrapcrap. note-sarcasm

it's called a chimney fire and they are common....

sirtrollsalotlol 0

lol, i wonder what or how did u explain it to the 911 operator? if it were me I'd say something along these lines "Help it's fireplaces gone wild"

I am a fire fighter and fireplaces do catch on fire all the time. We call them flue fires because as few said earlier the Creosote builds up and catches fire. That is why you need to have the chimney cleaned every year or so depending on useage. Another thing try having to call 911 and being a fire fighter cause your own house is on fire. It happened to me back in Feb. Now that is a major fml!!

letitbe56 0

This is kind of a YDI, if you were surprised that this was a possibility. Anyone who owns and uses a fireplace should make an effort to become knowledgeable about fireplace maintenance and potential hazards. And everyone making jokes about how that's what fireplaces are supposed to do...please, do not ever use a fireplace. Thanks.

I bet you were the guy that called the other kids parents when he had a house party during his free house. Jeez. What a killjoy.

No, I believe burning down a house full of teenagers would make him a killjoy. Or would it...?

perdix 29

What do you think chimney sweeps are for? Didn't you ever see "Mary Poppins?" Chimney sweeps keep your fireplace clean and safe -- they are not just for humping governesses, punting down the Thames and doing fabulous ensemble dance numbers on the rooftops of London! Jeez.

Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim-in-ey Chim chim cher-ee! A sweep is as lucky, as lucky can be Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim-in-ey Chim chim cher-oo! Good luck will rub off when I shakes 'ands with you!

Did you not open the flue or whatever it's called? My sister & I lit a fire once and it wasn't all the way open and next thing we knew, the fire department was there. It happens more often than you think.