By anonymous - 27/02/2012 23:09 - United Kingdom

Today, I had my girlfriend over at my parents for dinner. When we were done, my dad went around to collect all the dirty plates and stacked them on his arm. When he got to my girlfriend, the weight became too much and he and the plates fell on top of her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 744
You deserved it 2 980

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Redoxx_fml 22
kelseyyup 5

Sounds like the odds were stacked against her.

Comments

dabomb1463 0

I fail to see the FML In this so what a couple of plates fell on her , it's not the end of the world.

kelseyyup 5

Sounds like the odds were stacked against her.

I hope you get the most thumbs up for this!

14 is right. She just had too much on her plate.

hawkey126 0

This family is a balancing act.

Well she may not be your ideal 'plate'. But I'm sure the universe will answer your 'dishes'.

This is his way of getting her ready for your kitchen! Dad meant well, but you need to tell him his views are kinda sexist. Hope she didn't get hurt too badly!

#20 Has obviously never been in a relationship.

Poor girl, was he trying to impress her or something? If it was too heavy why not come back for the rest when you put those up?

More importantly, when seeing him struggling why did nobody offer to help? Its easy to sit back and go "oh man, dad embarrassed me" when you're not lifting a finger to help. YDI.

desireev 17

It may not have been that the plates were too heavy, but that he lost the balance of the plates on his arms. (Which are not wide enough to be balancing big, round plates on.)

I think it was just an excuse to get on top of her! Your dad is a sly man!

Your dad got on top of her before you did!

How implate of him. I guess she'll have plenty of time learning how to take care of dishes after you two get married, your dad was just rushing her ;)

Makes sense to me. Sexism: because why not.

GoW_Chick 14

.. and that grandkids is why your mother always makes me grab her plate first. * pats kids head* now go away you little miscreants so I can take my nap!