By emydoll - 28/04/2014 03:28 - United States - Honolulu

Today, I had just sat down in the lobby of my doctor's office when my phone alerted me that I had a friend request. I checked; it was from some girl from high school. I muttered to myself, "I don't want to be your friend." I then heard a gasp. She was sitting across from me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 269
You deserved it 48 079

emydoll tells us more.

I probably should have made a few things clear first, this girl was a total bitch in high school and made fun of me daily. So you can imagine how surprised I was in that horribly awkward situation.

Top comments

Can't blame you. No way you could have predicted that. But maybe you should check your phone less and look around you more.

Comments

Everyone keeps saying OP should get off his/her phone once in a while, but let's not forget this girl saw him/her and instead of saying "hi" decided to add him on Facebook

I say all the more reason to not want to be her friend. Apparently, she can't even have a normal conversation like a human being. You both are in the same room, after all.

Yea! Lets all avoid pathologically shy people with possible Asperger's! They're probably up to something no good.

#67 just because the women didn't speak up doesn't mean she could have aspergers disease she could just be shy you're just putting words in #47 mouth and trying to make her feel bad it's not get fault that the girl decided not speak up you don't know anymore than us if she has aspergers so stop assuming it's just making you look like an ass.

*I meant to say it's 46 fault and stop trying to make * her feel bad* I ran out of time to edit.

#92 "Possible" was a keyword here. People with Asperger's often have problems "having a normal conversation like a human being". I was responding to #46, speaking more generally. And being slightly sarcastic. Again.

They were making the point that you can't avoid ALL unsocial people and call them freaks for not being social. Some peopevhave a very good reason why they do not want to talk much that you can't judge just by looking at them. Socail anxiety, aspergs.They were not saying that just for that one person

Damn, what are the chances. I mean who among us haven't denied that random f/r

doglover100 28

If you don't want to accept the request, you don't have to.

I agree with you #56 it's OP'S Facebook account not anyone else's.

norisorroz 28

Always look both ways before crossing the street.

Haha that sucks, but oh well. Not that bad.

At least now she won't wonder why her request is going ignored.

How did she know it was you? Perhaps you know her, please do a follow up.

#68 read it again OP said "some girl from High School" not some random girl so OP knew that she went to school with him or her.

easily one of the most incoherent things I've read in a while. thank you