By Anonymous - 30/07/2015 02:25 - United States - Tampa

Today, I got reprimanded by my boss for smiling and laughing too much. Last week, he reprimanded me for not smiling and laughing enough. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 241
You deserved it 1 876

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It sounds as if he just wants to get rid of you. Time to seek another position.

Comments

Too serious or too bubbly is there middle ground there?

Don't worry about something like that men never know what they want.

cosmicdancer84 7
middlenamefrank 8

What kind of job is it where laughing and smiling is a performance requirement? You need to discuss your boss's controlling attitude with your HR people.

A lot of jobs that involve customer service. No one wants to be served by someone who really obviously does not want to be at their job. Also no one wants to work with someone who looks miserable all the time. However there are right times to be smiling and laughing and times to look busy, if you're just happily chatting with your coworkers your bos may not think you're working hard enough.

My boss reprimands me if I'm not working. That's really all that counts ?

amccaul1976 8

I think I would talk to HR about harassment. seems a bit overbearing and controlling to ask you to change how you naturally act. if you had a bad attitude or said something offensive I could see that but how happy you are at work way over the line.