By chinousmc - 06/12/2012 11:30 - United States - Clearwater

Today, I got punched in the face after a stranger asked for a light, didn't realize it was a butane lighter and burnt the tip of his nose lighting his cigarette. Now my nose looks worse than his. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 858
You deserved it 3 415

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You know what bugs me? People who ask a question and then answer it themselves.

lelo007 11

It seems so many people jump straight into violence these days over the smallest matters, it's just ridiculous. I hope he at least apologized after being an ass, and also that your nose heals quickly!

Comments

File assault charges OP, also maybe go to the ER to have the bones reset so you don't end up with other problems .

Ya be a pussy like this person suggested.

You know what bugs me? People who ask a question and then answer it themselves.

That's almost as bad as statements that end with question marks?

BunchieRules 31

And comma splices, I really hate those.

And run on sentences with no punctuation so like I was saying when people do things like that it bugs me like a lot.

Or wen ppl type 2 u lyke dis nd expect u 2 reply to their msg.

Alan, Doc's comment was rather fitting with the way the FML was originally worded.

I am guessing he burned up with anger. To bad he couldn't keep nose clean and keep himself under control. Well its a good thing you didn't laugh as you might have added fuel to the fire. Well hopefully you can make light of it.

this doesn't make sense. the only other option for a lighter is naphtha, and the flame from that goes just as high if not higher than a butane lighter... I can only assume op meant a torch lighter

You deserve IT : 1.- Do not talk to stranger. 2.- do not smoke !

Don't be a douche is another lesson my mother taught me, but yours apparently didn't teach you.

Everyone is a stranger at some point and it's safe to talk to them, just be smart about it and don't go off telling everyone all your personal info after hello.

I don't understand. What did he think the lighter was? Every lighter I've ever seen was butane.

fgwrxfiend 11

I think he meant it was a torch lighter

what difference does it make in a nose burning situation? if op gave him a torch light id imagine he would just burn his nose twice as bad.

martin_martian7 11

Your name is chinois mic. I hope u r not a marine and let that happen

Note to self: Next time, HAND them the lighter and let them make a fool out of themselves and hopefully that won't hold you responsible. Next Note to Self: Carry an extra lighter because 75%-80% of the time the person who you hand the lighter to will pocket it subconsciously...or purposely.

Wow, its a good job you didn't take him literally and shine some sort of torch in his face.. Although I would of preferred his reaction to that.