By 613tanner - 19/05/2011 05:30

Today, I got pulled over for going about 88mph. When the cop asked why I was speeding, I replied, "I was trying to go back in time". He didn't like that answer and gave me a ticket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 463
You deserved it 70 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sxe_beast 11

you didn't engage the flux capacitor. hopefully you will learn from this crucial mistake.

Comments

ADub55 0

People here obviously haven't seen Back to the Future

the cop should have given u two tickets, one for speeding and one for be under the influence of dumbassness. dumbass

Schlimpikins 0

It's okay, where you're going, you don't need to pay that ticket... don't need roads either

afallingstar 22

total idiot i m not a nerd or geek but even i know if he speed up enough (close to light speed) he will go to future instead of going past.... he is failed at both being nerd or geek and trying to make up excuse

You're a total idiot for not getting the classic reference!

#147 Actually if you speed up you will arrive at the destination before you left...thats the idea of going faster than light...so he would still go to the past. There are some theories that if you go faster than the speed of light that you can just move freely in time (forward or backward)...but thats a side note. Point is he didnt fail at being a nerd/geek he was making a reference that you obviously didnt understand, and made a stupid comment to hide your idiocy.

Most educated people know this, and I'm surprised you think people on FML care =P The point is that this is a movie reference. OP is still wrong...dude, you got ticketed because you didn't say "I WAS TRYIN' TO GET BACK TO THE FUTURE!"

goddammit noo he will be travel to future it is impossible to make time travel to past idiots....

if your speed is near light speed, you will arrive your destination earlier than normal. this means you traveled to future total stupid ***** this is not a theory this is FACT, and until proven otherwise it is impossible to traveling past theory= not proven can be change fact= proven

alright i m going to explain in detail 1- time is revelant this means there is no such universal 'this moment' Einstein 2-like it or not everything is going to future with diffrent speed (it changes by gravitional effects on them and their movement speed) AND you can only change your time traveling speed (faster or slower) Stephen Hawking this means if anything's speed is near light speed it will travel in time to future again but in a slower rate eventually it will reach it's own future. since there is no such 'that moment' in destination that thing will arrive the conclusion is thing will arrive at future. if the object travel in time slower than its sorroundings it will spend less time to reach its future. Please understand that these are facts not theories.

79DrAwkwArD97 0

Next time be sure to pack extra plutonium so you can go back in time to prevent the cop from giving you a ticket... Just be careful not to run into your other self...

this isn't an fml. I'm so proud of you.