By anon - 08/03/2009 08:47 - United States

Spicy
Today, I got my first tattoo. It was a surprise for my fiancé: our names together over a heart. I went home but before I could show him, he said we had to have a 'talk.' Now my ex's name is tattooed on my back. The kicker? Turns out I'm allergic to the ink. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 886
You deserved it 76 899

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why you never tattoo a name on yourself. Try something symbolic, that way if this happens, it's just a tattoo and doesn't have to mean anything anymore

That's the reason why the only names you tattoo on yourself are your kids and dead family members

Comments

Amanda_Ruth 0

It sucks that he dumped you, but at the same time, you really shouldn't have gotten a tattoo of his name, even if you guys were still together. That tattoo is more permanent than any relationship you will ever be in. Consider that next time you decide to do something that could have serious repercussions.

roflcoptin 0

this is why everyone says not to get tattoos of people you're in a relationship with. only kids and dead people.

m0rgansa1d 0

Um, first of all you're really dumb.. sorry. The first tattoo I'm getting is going to be a name, but it's going to be symbolic and also have my MOM's name in it. Second, number 18 you're ******* stupid. Tattoo's can be sexy and beautiful.

even if you're married it's a risky move... i would say the only really safe names are your mom's or your kids' lol

Agree with #25 about #18 (sorry little confusing) But here is #18 "Don't you know that women with tattoos is a MAJOR turn-off for guys?" Sorry but as a dude I'd have to disagree. There is no cookie cutter look everyone finds attractive. I personally like a girl with a little ink on her. I think men and women look hideous when they've covered a majority of their bodies with ink. Now some people find that sexy while I don't. Since you find it a major turn off that's your prerogative. it's similar to smoking, drinking, drugs, kinky sex fantasies, whatever. There is something for everyone and some things people just don't like. Please just don't use this blanket statement that tattoos are a major turn-off. I personally have 2 tattoos and find a woman that has a few on her sexy. Examples: Megan Fox & Elisha Dushku - have tattooes and I find them sexy.

It's more likely the needle wasn't new rather thanthe ink. You can at least change it to [your name] [disname] likes small boys.

You're a moron. NEVER tattoo a boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife's name on yourself. NEVER EVER EVER. Because as much as you'd like to believe differently, NO love is guaranteed to last forever.

liveitlearnit 0

18- I don't have tattoos but my boyfriend says he wishes I did because he thinks they're sexy. A lot of men like tattoos. Don't worry OP, life will go on and you'll laugh about this one day. :]

kandy_fml 0

I'm gonna say you deserved that. You shouldn't ever get someone else's name tattooed on you unless it's a son/daughter or a family member. I would imagine most people know that. That's a bummer though. Get it removed and move on with your life.

wow. that really sucks, but in an off-handed way you deserve it for getting such a terrible tattoo... plus, everyone knows you never tattoo names like that for exactly that reason. ahhh