By mobigomo - 27/05/2015 06:48 - United States - Seattle

Today, I got hit on by an attractive young doctor. After talking for a while we realized that we recognized each other but couldn't figure out how. Then he remembered. He was the one who'd delivered my 10 1/2 lb baby 7 months ago. I stood out because my vag tore worse than anything he'd ever seen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 558
You deserved it 3 021

mobigomo tells us more.

Honestly it was 100% my fault I teared. Going deep in the realm of TMI this is pretty much what happened. I didn't have an epidural so I was feeling the "ring of fire" like a mofo but he had told me to hold off on pushing for a moment because he was trying to relubricate and massage me open more so I could push my sons head out. Would have worked fine if I hadn't had a crazy intense contraction which made me push extremely hard while his fingers were in there, which made me tear right through. He did an amazing job stitching me up. Really after he realized who I was his interest was more in how I healed and if he stitched me up ok. Apparently he was super new and it was only his 4th day working in the hospital as an attending doctor. He was great though. I was really happy with my experience overall, except for the tearing through to my butthole part.

Top comments

Honestly all I can say is bless your heart for going through that

That sounds incredibly painful. Probably not a turn on for him either. Sorry about that.

Comments

10.5 lbs. Certainly very large by any stretch... ...of the imagination, of course.

I am never giving birth, **** that oowww

That might change when you get older...

People who don't want kids hate people like you, 57. I've never wanted kids for as long as I can remember, and I've had to listen to that crap most of my life. Here I am at the ripe age of 28, still don't have, and don't want kids. Saving my lady bits from that, thanx.

ImpracticalJoekr 9

Yeah I agree with #66. I do have one daughter and she's all I want, but there's someone in my life that keeps trying to insist "you'll want another one soon enough" blah blah blah and it makes me resent her and pushing me further into NOT wanting another one. I hate people like that so much.

You people are so good damn annoying I swear to god.. If someone literally tells you they do not want children who are you to say nah I think you do actually pahah. Not everyone wants to share their life with a child, just let them be.

Congrats, 74, I'm glad that you're happy with your one. :) And thanks, 79, because I've heard this crap for a long time and I know that I would never be a fit mother. I'm an alcoholic with addiction tendencies, history of clinical depression, and I don't wish to pass these traits on. Plus until my most recent hitch, I've enjoyed men of a different race of my own, and my mom has a negative view of interracial relationships that I don't want to put a child in the middle of. I'll enjoy my doggy and kitties, because I can call them **** faces with no negative outcomes, as long as I say it in a loving voice. ;)

Stop hating on #57. They didn't say it WILL change when they are older but that it MIGHT, and that is true. Some people REALLY know from a young age, some have very good and valid reasons (#106, I applaud your rational decision to not bring a kid into an equation that seems complicated enough without one!), but some really only do develop an interest in producing offspring of their own at an older age. Ultimately, every person gets to decide on their own if and when they want children (as long as it is biological and ethical feasible - 65-year-old quadruple mum, I'm looking at you!).

I can't even imagine. I honestly thought they did c-sections for babies larger than 10lbs. How the lil one now OP?

CrassKal 27

It's a little hard to weigh the baby while it's in the womb.

They have improved with the ultrasounds to guess baby weight, but they are still can be very inaccurate. Had a pt booked for a LSCS because we were expecting a 4.5kg baby. The baby only weighed 3kg.

OP here. I missed my 40 week check up where they were going to weigh him again so at the time of birth we had a faint guess of how big he was, which would have been 9 1/2 lbs (at 36 weeks he was 7 1/2). I'm glad I didn't know though. That would have been horrifying. And thanks for asking, he's wonderful. This actually happened a few months ago so he's 11 months now. He's already wearing 24 month clothes and has been walking since 8 months. He's my gentle giant :)

Glad that he's doing alright, my close friend was supposed to have an estimate baby of 8 1/2 pounds. After 30 hours of labor and a c section her daughter showed up at 11 pounds and 3 oz!

They had estimated my daughter at 9lbs 4oz and she was 9lbs 1oz. They said my son measured a week ahead but i never got an estimate for him and he ended up being 8lbs 3oz. A lot easier than my daughter. Lol

Ted_brosby 4

He's a doctor. He probably see worse stuff than that everyday. He's probably no even phased by it.

He's already took something out of it maybe now he can put something in.

MischievousRunt 6

I had my first through natural birth and my second through c-section. Like with everything there are the good stories and the bad ones. My first birth was easy everything is fully functional and the doctor was amazing. Now my c-section idk what the doctor was on. The incision looks horrible after a 1+ of healing, it got infected (they said it was normal), and the pains that come and go are unbearable, my doctor told me "your one of the few that goes through the painful c-section experience." I can't help but feel as though she could have cared less :(

that definitely sucks. I get mild pains from my scar every now and then usually after working out but the recovery was definitely easy. Maybe some other things factored in your experience? I would definitely choose a different doc next time around.

Wow that is ridiculous! There is no reason for you to have gotten an infection if you followed after care rules and if they did a good job. If your scar bothers you have you tried bio oil? It works wonders. I found it a year after my son was born and I started using it on my stretch marks on my boobs cuz they were an angry red/purple colour and nothing helped. I was so self conscious about them but I used bio oil and they faded in a month. By 2 months they looked like normal skin again. I use it on everything. My son gouged his forehead and it had to be glue shut (don't do stitches on 2yo) and afterwards I used it on it and you ant even see the scar anymore, my sons 6 soon. I used it on a 3rd degree burn I got from my BBQ cuz after it had healed it turned brown and it worked to fade the colour. Can't tell it's there unless you see it at a certain angle, it also helped heal the burned textured my skin took on.

I had natural birth twice. My daughter was 10 pounds. If you have someone who knows what they're doing (ie: a midwife). You don't have to tear. Or if you do it will heal with no problem. I would never opt for a c section. It is major surgery.

The major problem with a large baby is the risk of shoulder dystocia, not so much the tearing. The baby's shoulder gets stuck under the symphysis pubis. It's very scary and very dangerous. But you a very right. If you have someone who knows what they are doing, there is a lot they can do to try to prevent major tearing. Look at my reply to comment number #6. I mention a few of the things that can be done to prevent tearing. My cousin had terrible tearing with her first birth. Episiotomy and a 4th degree tear. Her birth was completely mismanaged. I was only a student nurse at that time, and she begged me to be with her to support her if she had any more children. 10 years later I was a midwife and was able to be with her. She had the worse scaring I had ever seen. It looked like they had cut parts of her ****** away. It was similar to several women I had seen who had been subjected to female circumcision. Her second baby was 1.5kg bigger than her first and she had no tearing at all.

I think a better memory would be a good idea...is it possible to get something for him to get a better memory?