By Anonymous - 30/11/2010 19:10 - Ireland

Today, I got hit in the mouth with a hockey stick and lost four teeth. Yesterday I got my braces of six years removed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 78 898
You deserved it 5 611

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

stfuscrub420 0

How can a scrub suck that badly at a sport.

I wasn't aware that getting hit in the face by a hockey stick implied a lack of skill at the game.

stfuscrub420 0

Im talking about the hitter tard.

Getting hit with a hockey stick doesn't mean you suck

stfuscrub420 0

hey! refer to my previous comment and my name

I've never had braces, but six years seems excessive. how messes up were your teeth?

sourgirl101 28

Messed up or they were too lazy to wear their rubber bands so it took longer for their teeth to shift straight. I'm a teeth person. Always look at people's smile. Braces are so worth every cent. I don't understand why many spend $ on stupid things but not their teeth. IMO.

Eh, my sister had hers for 6 years, and she took meticulous care of them. She just had really stubborn teeth-- had to have 16 baby teeth pulled before getting braces. They wouldn't fall out on their own.

I had mine for seven years and I was super careful about always wearing my rubber bands and such. My teeth were just stubborn. They finally decided in order to fully fix the problem they'd have to break my jaw. I decided to just live with the overbite.

I had to have the same as you, they said we can break your jaw and get rid of it- but in my opinion you can't even notice it... :D

Well you got two options. If you found the teeth and kept the nerve alive, the ER can nicely shove them back in there for you. OR, you now get a set of mini dentures lol Have fun :)

the_flirtt 0
stfuscrub420 0

I think hockey is a pretty cool guy. Eh breaks teeth and doesnt afraid of anything.

Not again... You're not doing it right. Don't try again.

By god, what the hell were you trying to say in that comment.

xGetScaredx 0

I think he was trying to say the poster, a HOCKEY player is cool and he respects that. Also because hockey is an aggressive sport he's saying the person who wrote the FML has balls. :p I think

Why wouldn't you? "Sorry, Miss, I can't play today, I had my braces off yesterday." "Do you need your teeth to play hockey? No! Get out on the pitch!" etc.

Unless you're counting the time that you were wearing pre-braces gear (such as to correct an overbite beforehand, etc.), I'm going to have to call bullshit on the six years part. I had some pretty gnarly looking teeth before I had braces, and I only had to wear them for around three years. However, if you had to wear them for that long because you didn't take care of your teeth while you had the braces, the length of time you had to wear them would entirely be your own fault, OP. That part aside, I am sorry that you got multiple teeth knocked out so shortly after having your braces removed. Getting teeth knocked out already hurts enough to begin with, but the braces aspect just throws salt in the wound.

stephaniegeezy 0

You're not the only person on the planet. Some people have severe over-bites and other issues that need to be corrected and they take time. 6 years could be possible. Just because you wore them for three doesn't mean everyone has to wear them for that amount of time. Geeze.

He mentioned the part about correcting overbite. read.

stephaniegeezy 0

Over-bite correction isn't always before you get braces. There's headgear and rubberbands. You don't know if OP needed everything from a palate expander to a power chain. It couldve been a really severe case.

While it may be true that overbite correction isn't always done before braces are put on, due to the manner in which the FML is presented it is also impossible to discern the severity of the OP's case. There aren't enough details presented (generally because of the text limit) within them to know the fine details. As you said yourself: "[We] don't know." Arguing over such things doesn't really get us anywhere either, so we might as well take the FML at face value & form our opinions/interpretations/etc. upon said basis.

firegirl1702 4

I had braces for six years. I moved several times while I had them and had to keep changing orthodontists. so it can happen.

my friend had his for seven years!!! he didn't wear his bands/headgear so it took a long time.

They could be including the post-braces retainer wearing time... you don't usually go from braces to nothing...

I was suggesting a reasonable alternative...

We used braces to try and fix my overbite. It took seven years. It's a lot better than it was, but they've decided that the only way to completely get rid of it would be to break my jaw. I decided to just live with the overbite. But, yeah. Six years of braces is totally possible.

Don't jump so quick to conclusions. My teeth were ok but I had a tooth stuck all the way up in my nasal cavity and had to get surgery for it. I then had to wait for the tooth to come down. I had mine for 4 years but I know quite a few people who have had theres for 6 years.

Well, shit. That's what you get for having nasty, crooked teeth that required braces in the first place. You also should not have been playing hockey when you're a giant blubbering ******. Also, what kind of mutant freak even has teeth anyway? YDI all the way.

Schizomaniac 24

Changing you approach I see. Nice. T.T

Schizomaniac 24

Wow. It WOULD post the comment the one time I made a mistake. your*

Variety is the spice of life. Too bad that lately I've been getting modded more than even when I first started. Let's see how long this one lasts!

You know, I get the slightest feeling from your comment, name and attitude that you might be trolling, not sure though.

I have no idea what you are talking about. All of my posts are in earnest.

KyleIsSoFine 0

Trollz4daLOLZ - You ish da sexy ;)

Yeah, I know. Try to control yourself, though.