By DyingOfShame - 24/08/2010 23:46 - United Kingdom

Today, I got a text from my boyfriend whilst on the train home from spending the weekend with him at his grandparents' house. It said, "Gran says to tell you that the bin beside the toilet is actually for storing spare shampoos and toothbrushes, so could you not put your tampons in it next time?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 119
You deserved it 8 467

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xFalzz 0

Why would anyone put toothbrushes next to their toilet? Next to or under the sink is ideal.

Comments

why didnt you wrap them up in loo paper before throwing them in the bin im sure nobody wants to see your used tampons :S if you did, them my bad, and your granny in law to be is rather odd for unwrapping squishy things in her shampoo/toothbrush 'bin' :P

kevin1873 1

Tell your Bf to grow a pair of freaking balls, either that or drop his azz!!!!

That's not the point. Not even a little.

Fishfanatic 7

[QUOTE]Hmm... those menstrual cups seem pretty unhygienic to me. Rubber may look smooth to the naked eye, but under a microscope there would be PLENTY of places for bacteria to grow. Unless you can disinfect them before putting them back in, I would think they would be at least as much a risk for TSS as a tampon would be...[QUOTE] No, you simply wash them then put back in., you sterilise between uses . Bacteria grows on everything. I mean EVERYTHING. You simply cannot avoid bacteria plain and simple. Plus with the cup, you have a vastly reduced risk of TSS, because the cup stores all the blood *inside it* and away from the skin completely, unlike a tampon which sits next to the skin all clotted up with blood . With the cup you simply pour it away, rinse ( keep a small bottle of water handy if out and about ) and pop it back in. No mess, no fuss, no smell, no clogged toilets or drains and you don't have to keep changing sizes to suit the flow. No damage to the environment either and you can still go swimming whilst wearing one. They are also made from medical grade rubber and thoroughly tested. They are really the very best form of menstrual product available. I've been using a cup for 8 years now and I wouldn't change back for any money.

Thx for all the info, been thinking of switching from tampons to cup. You make very sound arguments!

who the hell puts a bin next to the toilet that isn't a trash can, your grandma deserved it!!!

jdawg4545 0

u better put ur tampons in there next time to piss him off, exactly wut i wud if i wus a girl

jrl13 0

YDI.you didn't notice that the bin was full of shampoo and toothbrushes? Then again,who keeps a bin full of that stuff by their TOILET????

Nikie1986 0

The cotton part of a tampon CAN be flushed down a toilet as long as it is not a septic system. However you're NOT supposed to flush the applicator (plastic OR cardboard) or wrapper no matter what. The only time I've ever heard of someone's pipes being clogged by tampons is in a septic system.

omg so it is a british thing! i threw all my trash in the bin in auckland and wondered why no one emptied it...

That's completely racist. And I'm not talking to the person saying old people should die in a fire. You don't call people Nazi. That's extremely disrespectful toward German people. Like ME.