By DyingOfShame - 24/08/2010 23:46 - United Kingdom

Today, I got a text from my boyfriend whilst on the train home from spending the weekend with him at his grandparents' house. It said, "Gran says to tell you that the bin beside the toilet is actually for storing spare shampoos and toothbrushes, so could you not put your tampons in it next time?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 119
You deserved it 8 467

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xFalzz 0

Why would anyone put toothbrushes next to their toilet? Next to or under the sink is ideal.

Comments

Weekend with your boyfriend and you have your period, how inconsiderate of you.

okay? so you made a mistake... why is this an FML?

zom_fml 10

Uh, you're really not supposed to flush tampons... over time they can catch on the sides of the sewer pipe and cause blockage. That can be kind of awkward when the outside drain starts backing up into the garden and the guy who comes in to fix it pulls a big wad of them out of the drain :S But anyway, the gran sounds pretty stupid to assume that you wouldn't think a bin is for trash...

I must be really considerate. I put my pad in the outside bin. I certaintly don't want to be seeing someone elses pads or tampons when I change the bin so I won't do the same to anyone else. I also before chucking it outside fold the pad and wrap it in toilet paper but now I have children I get a nappy sack. if it's in the outside bin they won't see it at all

spartan_girl 0

I wrap my used pads up in toilet paper too, and my tampon applicators so that they just look like a rolled up bit of toilet paper...but I don't really want to walk to the outside trash can when it's freezing outside. Or ever, really, seems like it would be sort of awkward when visiting someone else's family to go walking through the house carrying trash every few hours (which is how often I have to change mine)...That may sound selfish, but it's the truth. If I'm staying somewhere (or at home, or at my parents' house) I'll change the bag in the trash myself, too. I suppose that is considerate of you, but personally, I think it would be awkward in some situations. And if you wrap it up anyway, the person changing the bag isn't going to see anything but the toilet paper.

Yeah, if you stay overnight, just toss 'em and empty the bin yourself when you're done. That's what I do-- along with stripping the bed and putting those and towels in the wash, if I can. That way you just look considerate without announcing you're on your period with something obvious.

well why would u put ur dirty tampons in a an open garbage bin like that? that's disgusting! u dirty mother ******! flush em down the toilet or dispose of them wrapped up in toilet paper and dump em in a proper garbage can bitch..I know op never said whether they're clean or dirty Im just assuming they're dirty...yuck....my own mother reared me better on disposing that shit..its blood u don't leave it in the garbage in open air! ewww

Quest_ 13

Are you serious asshole? You're so right, all women should take their used tampons OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE, because I'll be damned if that shit is going to dirty the trash can! Save the indoors garbage bin only for lovely items, like fapkins, pubic hair trimmings, and mopped up cat vomit. It's just common courtesy ladies!

Actually, you should never flush used tampons/pads down the toilet.

Grow some respect. And while you're at it, grow UP.

Your momma did one sorry-ass job of raising you. You ought to go pimp-slap her.

sneeze_watch 19

Eh, I would have assumed the same thing. I just hope OP wrapped them in toilet paper or such first. Or possibly it was a storage bin and she put un-used ones in there and forgot about them, and that is what pissed off granny? I know it freaks me out a little when people stay the night and throw their stuff anyplace in my bathroom like it's theirs. It's like "Dude, get your deodorant and razor out of my medicine cabinet, you're only gonna be here one night."

dubstep87 0

tampons are not flushable! none even if it says it does! my brother owns his own plumbing company and every two weeks he has to unclogs properties main lines cause of the time of the month for women and it's always tampons. so if obviously u can't flush take that shit in a bag and put it outside in the big garbage can! it's gross to even leave it in the bathroom trash can! ughh

Nonsense. Those women must each be using a sheep for a tampon. Most guys routinely drop much longer and much thicker disposable "items" down the crapper... it might stop up the toilet for a few moments... but it damn sure does not stop up a 4" sewer line. Sounds like your brother may be trying to rip off vulnerable ladies... and you are defending him.

Oh, so the people who've had plumbers pull tampons out of their pipes are lying? All who-knows-how-many of them?

Do not put them in an outside trashcan - not unless it is securely wrapped up in a plastic bag. If you do not dispose of them correctly you will attract bears. The bears can smell the menstruation.

Really? Bears? Even if I live on a South Pacific Island? Them must be some determined bears!

fallsupstairs 6

They're making a reference to the movie Anchorman.

If the can was filled with new toothbrushes and new shampoos, then YDI. If it was empty, FYL, there's no way you could've known.

ewwwwwwww u got ur juices in her toothbrush and shampoo. now she'll remember u always.