By Anonymous - 25/04/2015 07:30 - Canada - Delta

Today, I found out the name on my driver's license is incorrect. I don't know what's worse: the fact the government can't even copy a goddamn name correctly, or that it took me three months to notice, when a cop nearly arrested me for carrying a "fake" license. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 535
You deserved it 4 877

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Good coverup. Go to social media. They'll never suspect you of being a double agent.

My name is simple but everywhere I go, if I'm placing an order, or at school my name is spelled incorrectly. Sorry OP hopefully they replace your license for free.

Comments

YDI. It's your license. Your responsibility to check it.

that one is on you OP. ICBC hands you a print out when you apply for your license to double check that your information (name, age, address, birthdate, height, weight, sex) is correct, and you sign off that it is and give it back before you get your copy to carry until your plastic license arrives.

Actual when I applied for mine everything was spelled correctly but it was made wrong, so it wasn't necessarily OP's fault.

yosico22 16

I'm sorry are you not human? Because humans make mistakes.

You didn't catch it, why should they have?

They better print you a brand new Id free of charge -___-

I found out my name was spelled wrong when I tried to apply to college. Good luck OP!

So when you received it, you didn't check it?

That happened to me once, minus the cop part. I never bothered to check to see if they'd gotten anything wrong, but I went a year without noticing that my last name was spelt wrong.

Well, Anonymous IS difficult to spell ;)

Puppys_Doll 28

Don't worry, my mom taught me a different spelling for my name than what's on my birth certificate so to me, it's misspelled and for income tax, they actually misspelled it :/