By Anonymous - 16/11/2010 07:13 - Denmark

Today, I found out that people can get ringworm from cats. I found out because I have ringworm. I don't have a cat. Then I remembered I helped a friend move about two weeks ago, and spent the night sharing a bed with her cat. That's the last time I ever help her move. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 926
You deserved it 4 100

Same thing different taste

Top comments

last time you help her move? that's a bit extreme don't ya think? how's about next time you just don't share a bed with a pussy afterwards?

Ashame 0

How do you know you got it from your friends cat? You can get ringworm plenty of ways, and it would be pretty hard not to notice that on a cat anyways.

Comments

So, you found out only because "you shared a bed with a cat"? That's bullshit to me. Or is it proven the cat had ringworm?

what the **** is this FML doing here? This sucks.

I don't normally comment on dps but WTF is going on in yours?

Ashame 0

How do you know you got it from your friends cat? You can get ringworm plenty of ways, and it would be pretty hard not to notice that on a cat anyways.

Ashame 0

Haha, or watch what she does? Ringworm is a fungus, usually spread from person to person by physical contact, or in warm areas like locker rooms, showers, and wrestling mats, the latter being where I picked it up once. Not saying the op couldn't have got it from a cat, but that's pretty uncommon. A cat with a fungal infection would be pretty easy to spot.

angela3222 0

shut up tizzy. I have a cat and I've never had a problem with cats as pets. it's just most people are not cat fans

_TONGAN_ 5

use a condom next time I guess...lol I don't know!

I hate cats.. just putting it out there. they always look mean and like at any second they will launch for my face and attack it. not a fan :)

YDI, "ringworm" is actually a fungal infection called tinea corporis. It is not a worm, and is NOT communicated by cats. The most likely source is another human, not a feline!

Argwanael 3

Sorry to disappoint you but yeah it is.. I'm working in a cat shelter and caught ringworm there.. it's totally related, yes it is a fungus.. but yeah it can be given by cats to humans

It can be transmitted from animals to humans, humans to humans, or 3-headed slimy green aliens to humans. Trust me on that last one.

Argwanael 3

I trust you on the last one.. it's the easiest way to catch it :p

hooligyn123 18

You can also get ringworm easily if your prone to athletes foot.. they are similar fungal strains.. doesn't have to come from an animal

Haha! No, it's incredibly easy to catch ringworm from cats, more so than humans, if you spend your time around cats.

You can catch it from all kinds of animals! Cats, dogs, horses, and guinea pigs, to name a few.

Hayman68 4