By H1dd3n - 01/06/2013 23:31 - United States - La Quinta

Today, I found out that my parents were artists when they met. My mom said that I was one of their best projects yet. My sister, hearing what my mother said, broke my week-old PS3 in a rage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 057
You deserved it 3 838

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I /really/ hope some punishment is delivered for that!! I hate favoritism as much as the next sibling, but that is not the way to go about it!

Probably why you're the favorite, your sibling sounds like a spoiled brat

Comments

I have a little sister and, personally, I'd be annoyed at my parent for saying something like that. If you're going to praise your child, praise both of them. Maybe your sister over-reacted. Maybe there's more to this then you know. No parent should play favorites.

I read the situation as OP was talking to his parent and they mentioned that, not necessarily because they're a favourite but because they were directly speaking to OP. The sister may have overheard but the reaction was way over the top. I. personally, don't think it was favouritism.

"One of their best projects" Are you going to tell me that all the other projects were painting and the OPs mother couldn't possibly have been doing exactly what you are saying she should have and acknowledging the other sibling(s)? The OP and that sculpture of a toaster, yup, that's it.

Surely it should be your parents she's mad at here, not you... what a nasty little cow.

Sibling favorism is ugly, but that's not the way to react to it. I'd take her money and get a new one if I were you, OP. The best way to handle people like this is to show them that you won't tolerate their BS, so hurt her wallet.

It's hardly favouritism! They said 'one of their best projects' not THE best, and it's not like they said it to only one child in front of the other, his sister just over heard! She's being a brat, plain and simple.

DollyDope 17

Because that's a completely appropriate response ...

There was no favoritism in my family, and I was even the youngest. The only time it was shown was when one of my two older brothers would go to college.

Bigfabthetruth52 22

I would **** up anything of my sisters i could if she did some stupid shit like that.

Who says OP is the favourite? The parents said he was ONE of their best projects, not THE best.

still_guns 16

I'd love to hear one of her jokes

Does she have an ipad or tablet you can break in return?

“one of their best Projects” .That MEANS include your sister。 What were she thinking?? In the United States, many of the children, and in summary is: spoiled!