By latepayer - 13/10/2009 15:04 - United States

Today, I found out that I owed my school $0.20. They decided to charge me a late fee of $20 for deferring the intial payment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 880
You deserved it 4 052

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kristoffer 35

A $20 late fee on a 20¢ fee is illegal.

cheap school...go complain and chuck two dimes at them

Comments

Sun_Kissed18 25

Because I'm guessing you meant "for DEFERRING the initial payment": Who the hell defers a payment of 20c? You deserve the $20 charge for being ridiculous.

Still wrong. (check the double consonants) ;-)

damnrosi 0

he deferred the INITIAL payment. meaning he owed thousands, defered it, and was paying it off over an extended period of time, only had a few cents left to pay, and then got stuck paying an extra $20 (which is a lot for a student considering that, $20 will buy about 20 coffee's!)

mirandaelcraig 13

Did you not read tr first line that said he JUST food out he owed twenty cents? Maybe he didn't know he had a fine in the first place... My school, if your account didn't have money, they would just charge it and not say anything cause they figured you knew..

23Z9TZO 18

Why did the fml team respond to such a shitty comment?

YDI for putting "differing" instead of "deferring."

ChronicFAIL 0

Why didn't you just pay the 20 cents when you owed it instead of letting late fees pile up..? .YDI.

noshitsherlock 0

YOU DESERVE IT. Why are you complaining? It's YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT you didn't pay the measly $0.20 in the first place

Lemme guess, Ferris State? they were bastards.

rachaelxlove 0

Maybe he didn't know he owed the school 20 cents until he got the late fee? I just love stupid FML posters. =)

mirandaelcraig 13

THANKYOU. Nobody else seems to have read the first line. At least some one realized it. :)

alwaysalady 0

Dude, this totally happens. you write a check and its off by pennies and then, bam, late fee, and your phone is shut off. It happened to me.

Oh yea, it's so not cool when they shut off his intelligence!! And then it's so hard for him to get it turned back on...