By Anonymous - 30/10/2013 22:27 - United Kingdom - Romford

Today, I found out that, although I have the same job title and complete the same work as my male colleagues, I get paid 15% less, purely because I'm a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 706
You deserved it 8 705

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you should do 15 percent less work from now on

And you've talked to your boss about this?

Comments

bobo_the_bear 5

Why do female models get paid more than male models? They have the same title and do the same work. Must be sexual discrimination. Male models should sue.

Masonator28 9

Don't jump to conclusion, it could just be that you are a crappy worker and too stubborn to realize it so you preach feminist shit! I may be wrong however

'preach feminist shit' I bet you don't even know what feminism is about so shut the **** up

In my experiences with it, it's about complaining when women are at a disadvantage and then complaining when a double standard is introduced to remove the disadvantage or vice versa.

Don't worry, she'll get the rest of the money through child support.

@206 Child Support is completely irrelevant to this discussion, but just for the sake of argument, you should know that the adage "It is always mother's day in family court" isn't true. I got custody of my two girls, and their mother is on the hook for child support. You want to know the secret? I didn't just give in to her demands, and I fought for what was fair. I work closely with Superior Court judges, and I have seen too many fathers just give the mothers everything for the sake of peace, or because they don't think they can win. I'm telling you, fathers can win in family court.

purplepenquin 9

Sounds like you need a labor union.

XxxT3rr4xxX 25

This is unfair, but I don't think that it is her company's fault. Unfortunately, this is a reality for 75% of women in North America today. So no it has nothing to with seniority at her company, incompetence or anything else, just a sexist system.

Wizzlbang 10

and people try to say feminism isn't important or relevant today...

In America, women only get paid like 87(?) cents for every mans dollar, and black women make less than white women, and Hispanics make even less