By Anonymous - 17/11/2013 19:11 - United States - Ontario

Today, I found myself admiring my eyelids for being the only parts of my face not covered in acne. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 422
You deserved it 4 493

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bobo_the_bear 5

Been there. Acne is one of the few drawbacks to being young.

#2 Cure? Are you severely incapable of common sense?

Comments

I used Tetracycline when I used to break out. It's an antibiotic that you take twice a day, and not only does it clear up acne, it helps fight other infections like UTI. Use it for 3 months straight and take a 3 month break before taking it again so your body doesn't become immune to it. Haven't had any side effects or felt my skin being extra dry and sensitive the way topical creams like Retin-A do to me. It's always worth a try! (Tetracycline is a yellow & orange capsule pill, available at most pharmacies without a prescription. My uncle is a doctor and he recommended it to me)

Lycoris_fml 13

It is terrible for your immune system to be suppressed by antibiotics for such long perios. Don't destroy your health over a few zits.

Actually, it didn't compromise my health at all. 2 months into using it I could stop because my acne cleared up. Haven't had to take it anymore except the occasional few days that I break out. The pill worked efficiently for me and even prevented future acne. It's not a medication that REQUIRES you to take it for 3 months twice a year, every year. You take it depending on how much you need so you could stop after a week, or after a few days. If it was such a strong antibiotic affecting your immune system, doctors would not recommend it so that you're compromising your health for pimples. The dosage is very small only. Plus with that kind of logic of yours, you're saying might as well not take any antibiotic at all for any disease because it's bad for your immune system. When I have the flu, doctors put me on antibiotics for a week. What difference does that make? What I mean to say is just that, don't take it for more than 3 months at a time and give yourself at least 3 months break IF you need to keep taking the pill. If after using it for 2 weeks and you see no difference then stop taking it obviously. But if it works, you might want to keep taking it to keep having clear skin.

MikeyMonster92 2

3 words : APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!!!!! Look it up and be amazed!!! Trust me it works! :]

Lycoris_fml 13

Check your diet. Cut down on sugars and starches. Look into the oil cleansing method. I have naturally oily skin and the OCM actually makes me feel less oily and I break out less. Much better than rubbing your face down with toxic chemicals.

Dairy products can antagonise acne too, cutting them out makes a difference.

I started getting a bit of acne from starting to play football. The sweat wasn't very good for my face. I just take a bar of soap and wash my face 2 or 3 times a day with warm water. Keeps the skin on my face non oily and basically acne free. I recommend everyone do that, especially if you run your fingers over your face and it feels really oily. Just a tip incase you don't want to spend a lot or use creams. :) P.S. I've heard toothpaste is bad for acne, so just a tip to try to avoid putting it on your face.

Being a teenager sucks. Don't worry, It will most probably clear up at around about the time that it no longer matters that much to you.

UFIUETSimpdesign 5

Is ok don't worry bout it. It's personality that matters. And I bet ur hella chill

tompou6 19

Just try not to look at you're self image OP, you're just going to thing about what others think of you and their opinion of your face is none of their business.

VSVP_fml 6

If it's cystic acne or anything like that, accutane is a miracle drug. Real talk.