By Anonymous - 08/08/2015 02:16 - United States - Dayton

Today, I found my daughter sobbing and trying to stick a wad of gauze to her vagina. She was having her first period. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 335
You deserved it 11 349

Same thing different taste

Top comments

um, maybe you shouldve taught her about her about her body?

**** your daughters life. I'm a guy and I can't imagine bleeding out in my genital area and not knowing what the ***** going on just imagine all the things that could be going through her head. I'd do more than cry. You should have taught her about periods atleast. I can't blame you though because she might still be young and you couldn't have known that it would come so soon

Comments

Yeah she should have known long ago. Why are you even posting this as an FML? How is this anything but your fault?

How old is your daughter that she didn't even know what to do? And why haven't you had the talk with her yet?

infernno 23

So help her instead of posting the situation on the internet? Great parenting, OP.

skyttlz 32

I didn't learn about periods until I was 10. And I hear girls are starting as young as 7 or 8. maybe that's the case with op.

Emiweb 9

This isn't an FML. I hope you didn't make her feel silly or self-conscious. Help the poor girl out.

countryb_cth 38

You suddenly gush blood from your genitals and then get back to me on that.

judging by your profile you've never had to deal with getting one... i can assure you, bleeding unexpectedly out of your genitals is indeed scary.

#50, you must be a guy. If you have never been told what a period was and suddenly got it, it would be terrifying. Girls who have never been told that blood would be coming out of their ****** every month, think they are dying.

rabid_otaku 29

YDI for not telling her about her period.

It kind of disturbs me that you would say "**** my life" to this, because it looks like a shaming of your daughter for not knowing what's happening while she's having her first period. I'm hoping that you're not familiar with what constitutes an FML.

Girls have enough stigma about their periods being gross without their own parents being awful about it. I hope you real life reaction was more helpful and less self-indulgent than FML.