By Noname - 16/03/2009 17:29 - United States

Today, I found an old dress in my house laying around. I decided to dye it green to wear it out on St. Patrick's day. Turns out it was my grandmother's wedding dress that my sister was planning to wear for her wedding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 247
You deserved it 179 804

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what the **** kind of wedding dress was it that you couldn't tell?

This is why you pay attention to things that arent yours!

Comments

abcdefgh_fml 0

dude are you that dumb that you couldn't tell that it was a wedding dress?! wedding dresses usually look different than a normal dress!

elemenopyqrstuv 0
ummmyeahhh 0

okay, i could understand finding a bunch of dresses in an attic, and a wedding dress from the "olden days" might not look like a wedding dress from nowadays... but still. if you found something put away like that at your house, you'd think to make sure it was being kept for a reason first.

LMFAOOOOO , how ugly was it ? you would have known if it was a wedding dress otherwise .

Fake, for realz. I don't believe this at all. If it's your SISTERS wedding, you would definitely know she was planning to wear that dress. And wedding dresses aren't typically left "lying around". I call fake on this. NOBODY is this stupid.

nikkikeener 4

oh come on, SOMEONE is ALWAYS that stupid...

bread_fml 0

My guess would be that she found out it was her sisters wedding dress before she wore it on st patricks day, mainly because st. patricks day is tomorrow.

If you read more carefully, OP is unfortunately a guy.

kitties_fml 12

Seriously? Do you always just go around making irreversible alterations to items when you don't know who they belong to? Epic fail.

#36 that's exactly what I was going to say. Old-fashioned wedding dresses weren't always the huge flashy dresses we normally think of. Especially if they were from say the 20s, the flapper style was more in then, even in the shape of wedding dresses. I still don't get why you would pick up something that WASN'T yours and decide to alter it... you deserved it. You should offer to help her pay for a new dress! And I hope there's even time for her to get one!