By mareda - 01/02/2012 19:31 - United Kingdom

Today, I flew to England to visit my boyfriend, who has been working there for the past three months. I went to his hotel and waited for him; he never showed up. I called one of his colleagues to ask him what was going on. He had no idea what I was talking about. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 033
You deserved it 3 843

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Brelywi 15

Aww that sucks. On the plus side, cute boys with English accents are all around you!!

Wh...wh...what? You mean a CT scan of a crushed skull doesn't turn you on? Pictures of steak knives soaked in blood don't get you riled up? What the hell is the MATTER with you, son? You need serious psychiatric help.

Comments

slinky_29 2
hateevryone 14

Well, that's just mean. Did he know you were visiting?

1kiki81 6

Then where the hell is he?!?!

cooLING 0

First off, find out who he's been cheating with/dumped you/is married to and tell her how shitty of a person he is. Two, go rebound or at least enjoy the rest of your trip to England. Then, try never to contact him again. That will will only make him feel like you still want him when you actually want to run his ass over. Finally, if you do start a serious relationship, make sure you meet his family after a so you know he's not lying.

apepe78 1

Why would his colleagues know what the deal is with your bf? I don't understand your story.

the english have an odd accent compared with us yanks. maybe they could not understand american english , which is why they had no idea what you were talking about.

Eh, whit? American english is really only different in it's spellings. it's still english. We also get a lot of your TV programs over here, so i doubt accent was a problem unless she's got a really strong accent that even people in america would struggle to understand.

Have to give the a**hole some credit there. He ain't stupid. He didn't make up a hotel. Sucks for you though :(

It would be interesting to know the whole story from the OP on this one. How long had they been together? Was he going to be there longer than three months? Was she wanting to surprise him, is that why she hadn't possibly called first? How about phone contact/online contact during the three months? She only had so many characters to tell her story. It would be nice if she came back to comment on this. But it sounds like a pretty crappy deal to me.

maybe he was out on the piss or something and never went back to his hotel? I need to find out what happened! that sucks! I can't believe that there are some bitter people on here talking about the cost of living and how horrible it is that she flew to england because he was there for only 3 months. what a bunch of bitter old bitties!