By stupidoldcar - 16/11/2009 02:59 - United States

Today, I finished installing a brand new engine in my old car. It cost just over $6000. Later, I was waiting at a red light and an uninsured drunk driver smashed into it head on. It's completely totaled. I got to drive it 5 miles. The car is worth $1000, even with a new engine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 272
You deserved it 4 401

Same thing different taste

Top comments

:( Ugh. I'm sorry. Your insurance should cover most of it, right? This is why we need to have stricter rules in the US about drunk drivers... esp. uninsured ones!

spiderman0606 0

Dude, if he doesnt have insurance that automatically means it's his fault (although it is his fault) and he has to pay for everything. But fyl until everything is taken care of.

Comments

tjfreemanjr 0

I hate to ask but why wouldn't you have taken the 6K and put into another car worth (um) 6K?

flyboy57 0

YDI. why would you put so much money into a shitty car?

BikerMike 0

you are a dumb ass for putting a $6000 engine in a $1000 car. If you saved all the receipts for the engine, you may be able to get some of that back.

Le_Pecheur 0

you're an idiot for putting an engine in the car that costs more than the car itself.

AHAHAHA thats why you get a car appraisal and full coverage my friend. Without it your insured at the blue book. With it your insured at its value. Ah well, you live you learn. Good luck with classic rebuild number 2!

Pretty sure I've never heard of an engine costing $6000 and only being worth $1000 for the whole car after a crash..an engine for 6G? Were you driving a Bugatti? And even then it'd be worth more.

lesson to be learned: don't blow money on a new engine unless this was a project.

dixiehighway 0

There must have been two drunk poeple in this case. 1)The other driver 2) YOU--- Personal Finance 101, don't put $6,000 into a $1,000 car!

sorry dude you are sol. ydi cause some insurance companies have addendums you can buy for modifications like this.