By Anonymous - 30/10/2015 22:22 - United States - Saint Peters

Today, I finally stood up to the guy who's been bullying me for the last 2 years. Even though he's been caught in the act several times, he never gets punished, so I figured I'd get away with gut-punching him. Nope. An hour later, I was suspended from school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 872
You deserved it 2 645

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MonkeeArtz 11

You may have gotten suspended, but he now know what you can and will do. Don't see this entirely as a problem, as it may have been your solution.

Screw the school as long as your not in trouble at home consider it a win

Comments

Glad you stood up for yourself OP & put that bully in his place, 2yrs is a long time to put up with such non sense, Your school faculty needs to do a much better job intervening before situations like this escalate.

Treaton 5

This is how I became a high school drop out. The "zero tolerance policy" turned out to mean zero tolerance for defending myself, when the school wouldn't, after months of sexual harassment and even physical abuse. It happened to 2 of my siblings at the same damn school. You shouldn't stop defending yourself at what you've already done. That bully wronged you, and the school wronged you. You should take it to the police, and maybe even the media. With a spotlight on them they're more likely to change. Schools are meant to nurture our minds and help us grow into adults fit for adulthood. You never know, maybe there have been more victims at your school that can't or won't stand up for themselves. If you go about it the right way, you could be helping a lot of people.

15 they won't change if you do that, they'll just hire a personal cop they can bribe.

OP, ik the situation, my friend was being bullied for years so he finally got recorded video evidence and he got expelled for recording without permission, schools are bullshit.

Unfortunately due to zero tolerance policies this is very common in schools, but the important thing is that they know you can and will fight back so hopefully your done being bothered

Give him a hard kick in the balls next time OP (but do it outside of school)

Badkarma4u 17

That could easily backfire on op. Some folks see a man kicking another man in the groin as a bitch move and could make OP a target for others.

Double standard, much ?!! Still good for you, you stood up for yourself and that will give that bully pause.

I imagine they hold you to a higher standard - they don't punish your bully because they've given up on him, but when you act out it's shocking. I've been in a similar situation. I know how powerless it can make you feel, but keep focused on your education, because violence can only get you so far.