By Anonymous - 29/10/2013 10:40 - Australia

Today, I finally got to surprise my boyfriend with a birthday cake. I spent four days planning the perfect one. First thing he says? "Erm, you know I'm 32, right?" I got his age wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 924
You deserved it 36 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you think that's one of the first things you want to know about someone

It's all good OP, at least you remembered his Birthday.

Comments

If you're young this is pretty bad, you should know. But if you're both over 30 then you get a pass. I often forget my OWN age. People under 30 won't believe this post. Just wait...

I'm 27 and I believe it. I sometimes forget mine as well. I still say 25.

I'm together with my boyfriend for 4 years and know him for about 9. I forget his age constantly, it's just a number and frankly he doesn't care. I feel silly when I forget but if you have to remember the age of EVERYONE, you're going to have a bad time. Imo it's more important that OP remembered his birthday instead of his age.

I've forgotten my own birthday before. Birthdays and ages aren't that big of a deal. Eventually, they become redundant enough that celebrating them is pretty much useless. It's nice to have a small dinner at home, but I don't see the point of getting offended if someone gets my age wrong.

Don't worry OP sometimes I forget my parents age. It's an honest mistake but it's the though that counts!

Should've double checked before writing it.

Rainhawk94 27

I forget things when i get baked, so its not the cake's fault for not having the right age

Well.. That is kind of your fault OP. Hopefully he's not too mad!

should have spent those four days getting to know him better...at least your heart was in the right place though.

Well I bet he was definitely surprised... Job's a good 'un!