By JustSom - 05/05/2015 02:03 - United States - Falls Church

Today, I finally got my 14-year-old son to aim while using the bathroom. If only I could get my husband to do the same. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 438
You deserved it 3 094

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Psh that's an easy fix. Start making them clean it and after a few times they'll be able to aim through a cheereo

throw a cherrio in the toilet and impulse will make him want to hit it. it's how I got my little cousin to aim.

Comments

As a guy, it's not that we miss the center of the toilet, it is that it's coming out with such force that the water from the toilet splashes back up onto the seat.

Sometimes it gets out of control and it just gets everywhere. It sucks but sometimes the guy just can't make it better. Although it is common courtesy to at least wipe it up

Sometimes urine doesn't come out in a straight line. Around the bottom it sprays. It could be that which is happening, and I'm not sure if this happens to other guys, but after ejaculation mine sprays all around. Too much information? I'll crawl back into my cave.

Ask your husband if perhaps his urine stream is splitting. This means that instead of the urine coming out in one stream it splits into two or three streams. When this happens you can't aim all three at once and the result is a mess (that good manners dictates you should at least try to clean up). There could be many causes for this, such as trauma to the lower part of the urethra, a urinary tract infection, small kidney stones, small obstructions near the end of the urethra, etc. None of these conditions are life-threatening, although some can be extremely painful (think child-birth painful) but most of them can be solved pretty easily by a visit to a urologist. It is at least worth asking the question rather than insulting assuming that your husband is a child.

Regardless of why it's happening, the fact is - he's not cleaning his pee up and is repeatedly leaving it for someone else to deal with, which puts him pretty firmly in the "immature and selfish" category in regard to his bathroom behavior.

coffeelicious 11

"Aim while you pee, it turns me on."

If you are a guy and you still haven't figured out how to pee in a toilet after 10+ years, then its time to accept the truth. Just sit on the toilet.

Basically every man I know pees sitting down and has been taught so since they were boys. Is this some kind of cultural thing that the men in the US need to feel masculine by making a mess?

Yeah, in the US men generally pee standing up. I know some countries don't though. The making a mess part is not necessary, though some can't get that through their heads.

Are most of the men you know Muslim? Apparently its common for Muslim men to go to the bathroom sitting down.

How can any man not get how gross and inconsiderate it is to pee on the seat and worse still just leave it there?

Don't be so quick to judge the proud men who shoot from the hip! Pee on the seat can be caused by one of three things: 1: A guy peed while standing without raising the seat, but that's unlikely because the seat makes the toilet hole narrower, so guys usually raise it. And sometimes lower it afterwards... 2: A guy peed while sitting down and dripped on the seat when standing up. Quite easy to miss unless you actively check for this. 3: A woman did it, same as 2 The women from 3 are the same ones who leave the blood stains on the seat but hey, I don't judge...

52- If someone, no matter what their gender, thinks it's okay to leave their pee or blood or other bodily fluids on a toilet seat, they deserve to be judged

I'm just saying that if there's anything on the seat then the person who did it probably didn't even see it. And also that it's probably not because of aiming problems, because then the urine ends up on the ground.

Put a sticker there, gives them something to aim at

lol if it was me I would intentionally make a mess when I peed and then ask him how he likes turning up to a bathroom covered in piss, cos that isn't any better than him sprinkling it everywhere