By Anonymous - 11/04/2009 03:40 - United States

Today, I finally decided to get a dog. I have always been wanting to get one ever since I was a child. I bought a $1,400 Golden Retriever. I went out for lunch a few hours later with a friend, so I left my dog in the backyard. I came back home to a broken fence and no dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 860
You deserved it 64 596

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why didn't you tie it up? If it was a new pet, you don't know how it's going to react. YDI for not making sure it was secure!

dont have kids, please you cant even take care of a dog...

Comments

jdkfgkjdfb 0

Why don't my comments show up??!?!

if the OP wanted to spend 1400 dollars on a dog i'd think that's his (or her) problem. i'm sure we've all spent money on unnecessary luxuries. how do you know he didn't save up for a year to buy this dog? so he didn't go save some dog's life at a shelter. boo freaking hoo. i didn't realize that was an obligation when buying a pet. extending that reasoning, those of you who are having your own kids instead of adopting are all terrible people too, because you could be helping kids who need it. but yes, you should've had it microchipped if you're going to spend that much money. that's just protecting your investment.

you spent WAY too much. it's funny how people buy shit before they know what its worth. Golden retrievers sell for 600 or less, otherwise it's a rip off.

jdkfgkjdfb 0

Go to a shelter or rescue next time. And you can't just decide one day to get a dog and that same day go buy one. You have to buy supplies, figure out what size and temperament would be best for your lifestyle, and then look for one. And if you just got a brand new dog, aren't you going to stay at home and have fun with it?! Get a rock or something first before you move on to something that requires a lot of responsibility like a dog. Mutts are the best. ? NEVER buy from pet stores; if you don't know why, Google "puppy mills".

next time implant it with one of those tracking chips.....and adopt a little puppy on death row from the shelter.......

tardis_fml 0

You bought a brand new puppy, not only did you put it right in the backyard, but you left it alone? You deserve it. I hope it found itself a nice new home, one where it will be safe and well cared for.

Well that sucks, but if you just got a dog, then why did you leave for several hours to hang out with a friend? I would've been too excited to have a dog to leave the house! Btw, yes it's overkill, but $1400 is WAY too much to spend on a dog. Also for all the stupid peoples' "Expensive Dog, Must've Been Stolen" scenario, who would steal an expensive DOG and where would they sell him?

golden retrievers are like... THE dumbest dog on the planet. just go to the pound and get a mutt, less health problems and they are usually already house broken and suck. plus you deserved that for paying that much for a dog.