By NeverLookingAgain - 30/12/2015 04:16 - United States

Today, I faced my fears. I've always had a weird fear of looking out of windows at night, afraid a face would suddenly appear. When I heard a strange noise outside, I looked out the window. Sure enough, the face of a man suddenly appeared. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 437
You deserved it 2 028

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I apologise, I didn't mean to startle you! I'll be more discreet next time...

I'm so sorry I have this fear too, but it had to have just been a coincidence.

Comments

The brain is great, but it can make your fears real. Maybe if somebody were next to you, you wouldn't have seen it or he wouldn't have seen it.

MonstreBelle 28

My brain didn't make my fears real. The man outside of my house looking into my window made my fears real.

There were times at my old place where my dog would growl and bark towards the window in my bedroom. I always saw a flash of someone ducking each time. It was the same person, just coming randomly to the house to watch me. I can't look outside of windows at night now either. Sorry OP, just an unfortunate event. I would like a follow up though, so many unanswered questions! I still feel creeped out after this. :c

MonstreBelle 28

Oh my God. That sounds terrifying. This happening once has been scary enough and has left me pretty shaken up. I can't imagine it happening multiple times. I'm glad you don't live there anymore. I posted a follow up, it's comment 32. I must have ****** up submitting this since it doesn't say I'm the author

Holy shit, 28. Did you ever call the police or did they police just refuse to look into it? Because I think that classifies as voyeurism, stalking, or both. Hope you aren't having that problem anymore.

I did call the police, a couple of times. I knew the stalker, but they told me that I would need 'evidence' before they could help give me legal action. Needless to say, I never got solid evidence, only just what I saw, so they couldn't help me. And nope, I did end up moving. said stalker messaged my mom on FB, asking where I went. I live further away now so he can't find me. I haven't changed my address or city on social media for this reason alone! Better safe than sorry. :)

Holly Hell's bells. I am sorry you had to deal with that shit- maybe it is a local thing, but here when a women had something like that happen, the police did a stake out to catch the guy. I'm sorry that that the police refused to get involved, whatever their reason was. Hope that they don't find you and that they lose interest- sooner rather than later, preferably. And I agree- better safe than sorry.

Note to self: Don't read comments for creepy "in the dark" FMLs in the dark.

xX5CHLUPPYK3GSXx 10
MonstreBelle 28

To clear things up a bit, it wasn't my reflection or my brain playing tricks on me. There was actually a man looking into my windows. When I screamed, it must have scared him because he screamed and ran away. I called the police and they think since there wasn't a car in my driveway (my boyfriend had borrowed it) he probably thought there was a good chance no one was home and was looking to make sure. There have been quite a few break-ins in my neighborhood recently.

It's unfortunate that it confirmed your fear, but a lot better than if you hadn't looked!

I have the same dear too OP. I sure as hell won't be peeping out ever now

Its not always the dreams that become true. Sometimes your worst fears do come to true in an instance.

bryce0110 23

I always have this fear. There's a reason the blinds in my room are always closed :/

I've had that fear ever since I was a little girl. I'd be at my grandmas and accidentally see my reflection in the window and scare the crap out of myself.