By ArmyMan - 24/06/2009 16:37 - United Arab Emirates

Today, I enlisted for The Navy because my Boy Scout leader encouraged me. He fought in Korea and is a real inspiration. I asked him what motivated him to join The Navy. He said he was drunk and didn't remember joining until he was called up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 802
You deserved it 9 906

Same thing different taste

Top comments

coldplaylive2003 0

You're old enough to join the navy and still in the boy scouts?

@ 1: Maybe he enlisted as a result of his former Boy Scout leader, but yes you can still be in scouts at age 18. OP: If he's a real inspiration and encouraged you to enlist, how did you not discuss his motivation to join until now?

Comments

wow, most of you guys are jerks. there is nothing wrong with joining the military. and i am a girl andhave been in venturing, which is co-ed boy scouts, for almost 4 years. been around boy scouts my whole life. why do you people think people are gay for wanting to be outdoors and better themselves instead of sitting around on a computer all day every day??? GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

rakhil11 7

XD @ 87 and dude, if u signed up 4 the navy bcuz some1 told u 2...the reason y THEY signed up doesn't matter...ur mind shouldn't change bcuz of that....

I was in the Navy for 4 years, and I got to bang a lot of hot chicks in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Australia. And only, like, half of them were hookers. Good times.

Damn, now I have to buy a new keyboard, since this one is covered in Mountain Dew that passed through my nose. But anyway, good for you. : ) Maybe you'll see my boyfriend ....?

piepieburger 0

People don't give enough credit to the Boy Scouts, being one can really prepare you for the rest if your life.

bskiddo_fml 3

its more than a one day process to join, and they give you a breathalizer before you even look at any paperwork.

If his Scout Leader fought in Korea, then I imagine this was in the 1950-1953 - so he joined before that - maybe there were different rules/they didn't have breathalisers then. :)