By blkchkrm - 25/12/2009 00:37 - United States

Today, I decided I was going to do something nice for my parents for Christmas. So, I cleaned the entire house top to bottom, baked cookies, and made them both Christmas cards. What did I get in return? They asked me to wrap my four year old sister's presents, and let me know I got nothing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 920
You deserved it 2 728

Same thing different taste

Top comments

russianspy1234 11

sell her present on ebay instead?

lesab734 0

You definetely did not deserve that. Kinda sad to hear you did all that, but didn't receive the tiniest bit of gratitude. merrr Christmas though!!?!!

Comments

That really sucks that your parents got your sister presents, but couldn't forgo one to get you anything. I hope they're at least giving you a nice Christmas dinner?

Buy itching powder and put it in their bed. Or laxatives in the xmas dessert.

That sounds a lot like my christmas, actually.

marinlabyrinth 0

why didn't you get them presents, what are you, eleven?

boatkicker 4

That really sucks OP. I know where you're coming from. Christmas when I was 16 my mom let me come back home (after kicking me out because I couldn't find a job) for Christmas with her and my little sisters. I got there a few days before the holiday, and as a thank you I cleaned the entire house, including doing 20+ loads of laundry that hadn't been done since I had been kicked out (over the summer). I didn't get a thank you, but she gave me a ton of presents. More than I had gotten since I was about 8. Then a few hours later told me to get a trash bag from teh kitchen. Instead of asking me to pick up all the wrapping paper like I expected she told me to put all my presents in and put them in the car, so that she could return them. She then said "Why should I give you anything, if you can't even get yourself something? If you had a job, I would have let you keep them all." Then she told me to call a ride, because she was kicking me back out again.

Yeah, because most places would hire 16 year olds. I got lucky when I got a job at 16, but most places won't even hire 20 year olds. This right here is a FML. OP- That sucks too.

boatkicker 4

I applied everywhere too. And when she first kicked me out she only gave me one day to find a job. Woke me up early in the summer adn told me i needed one by that night. Thank god my parents were divorced and my dad lived sorta close. I've tried to submit the actually kicking me out story but it got rejected like... 10 times. "Today my mom woke me up at 7 and told me I needed to have a job by night. I spent my whole day applying but no one hired me. She kicked me out. I'm 16." Only I'm 19 now..... and I still can't find a job. She finally let me move back home in about April that year. My dads house didn't have running water or heat, but he was a lot nicer to me than she was, and he had friends whose houses we could shower at so it wasn't too bad except for the few times my mom apologized, only to turn around and pull some mean trick. Those were the hard times. But I had to keep going back because I missed my little sisters.

Reika_fml 3

Wow, that really is a FML. o_O I'm surprised it got rejected.

boatkicker 4

8 times. Not ten. that was a bit of an exaggeration. If you look at my profile you'll see I have not had any of my FMLs confirmed. One was a stupid event, 8 were variations on my mom kicked me out because I didn't find a job, and the last one I made up in frustration just to see how bad the people moderating it were. Apparently not bad enough to accept one that's clearly fake, but not good enough to accept a real FML. I think its because there isn't really anything funny about it.

Does your mom have bipolar disorder or something? it seems from this that she keeps swinging poles. o.o And also, how can you be expected to get a job, at 16, on such short notice?

boatkicker 4

Heavy drinker, actually. But like I said, that was 3 years ago. She has been doing better lately, and I'm trying my hardest to help her beat this. It was a rough year, but it was also a learning experience for me. Christmas was hard. Being away from my sisters was REALLY hard, but it's better now.... sorta.

I had almost the same thing. but my dad would kick me out and then spend the day searching for me at my friends telling them I ran away so no one would let me stay there. and he did this so many times over the course of two years that I lost count

just remember it's the thought that counts but really and truly thats messed up

Kira_fml 0

Go jack off to your gay **** you lonely asshole

davina_fml 0

I would be so ******* pissed. I would have told them to wrap the damn present theirselves and next Christmas not do shit for them. and damn #27 i'm sorry :/

I got an idea now, show her back by throwing a brick through the window, and stealing the wii later.