By heatproblems - 19/12/2009 20:10 - United States

Today, I can't get my heat to turn off. It is currently 87 degrees Fahrenheit in my house, and my heat is running non-stop. It's about 20 degrees outside with over a foot of snow on the ground, so a repairman can't come out to fix it. My electricity bill will be about $1000. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 823
You deserved it 3 569

Same thing different taste

Top comments

NotEven 0

Why can't they come fix it? It's called an emergency call, that's what they do. I can't believe a foot of snow is stopping any legitimate HVAC repairman from coming to your house. I would try calling someone else.

Open a window, that'll at least make it more comfortable.

Comments

iwannafuckyaman 0

only a foot of snow? you havent seen real snow til you come to where i live. a foot of snow here is like an ant on the ground, ignored, doesnt faze anyone...actually more like a piece of any poop on the ground, dont even notice it

greenltrn2003 0

really?...even if you're repeadly stepping in poop you dont notice it? you definatly couldnt live in an urban area

OP never suggested 1 foot was a lot, so I fail to see the need for a pissing contest. Regardless of how badass your state's snow is, OP is having trouble getting someone out to fix the heater, an expensive problem, which is the point of the post.

cocoapuffshooter 0

@ 82: ....i want snow that can be described as being badass :P

greenltrn2003 0

@cocopuffshooter omfg...so...do...I

Mve to Canada and hang out with us. WE have some pretty badass snow. XD

82- it was kind of implied in the fact that one foot of snow was preventing someone from getting to their house. If it wasn't a lot for them, then a repairman shouldn't have had an issue getting there. But you're right, that's not the main point of the post.

souflizzle317 0

oh no! a whole *foot* of snow! in case u cant tell, i'm being sarcastic. either you live somewhere where u honestly think that a foot is a lot (try having 6 feet on average from november to may) or you called a ****** up repairman.

MM23 0

actually, the op DOES live somewhere where a foot of snow is uncommon. Maryland barely gets snow, let alone a foot of snow. So don't be a tool.

boatkicker 4

A cross between both. They're from Maryland which doesn't get much snow. But the repair man is still int eht wrong. Where I used to live we were lucky to get 5 inches in a winter, BUT on the one year we got 3 feet dumped on us, school was only closed the one day while it was actually snowing, because you couldn't see where you were going.

we have over a foot of snow already and more to come, we get plenty of snow here!

Same thing happened to me and my electric furnace. Just flip the breaker, leave it off for awhile and flip it back on. It will run correctly for awhile after you do that. It will happen again though and you'll have to do it all over again.

can't you just shut off the electricity supply to it, or the gas? it won't work then... seriously I swear you can almost on any furnace/boiler.

atleast it's not one hundered degrees outside! Jeez then your life would really be ******...

Firstly, the OP is a man. So before you start giving people grief over nothing check your ******* facts YDI. Secondly, anyone who is not a grade A moron could solve their problem even if they aren't handy or anything. On a gas furnace there is a manual shut off switch It is a big lever can't miss it. You dont even have to turn the pilot kill switch. On the electrical heater it is on a circuit from the main breaker. Turn that shit off.

AxCxDxDx 0

Give me a buck and I'll turn the goddamn thing off.

screw all that. put on a bathing soon, grab a lounge chair and a 12 pack and pretend your in south America!

actually, Maryland does get a lot of snow, since I live in MD. Depending on where you live. If they live near DC, and those areas, a foot is rare. But in western MD its very common in the winter.

Aaand the east coast is getting slammed by a Blizzard (8 inches currently by me, and growing :D)