By Anonymous - 03/05/2012 11:37 - Australia

Today, I called my mum, crying because of my low self-esteem. She interrupted my sobs by saying, "Can I hang up now? The phone's getting hot." FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 104
You deserved it 6 047

Same thing different taste

Top comments

olpally 32

Your mom is horrible!!! Sheesh... Parents are terrible sometimes... Don't let her get to you like that.. The fml community supports you op! Hang in there!

Comments

ilovepaul81510 0

Well maybe u wouldnt have such a low self esteem if u werent a moron and actually spelt MOM right!!!! ******* retard..

Sorry, OP. But sometimes you have to rely on yourself to make the most of life. Good luck.

Ask yourself who is it that perceives this low self esteem. Can you perceive this insecure experiencer? Keep looking.

Michael_92 20

A good mom would have just dealt with it or at least speakerphone.

Sundaysilence05 0
KiddNYC1O 20

"(wahhh) Well, go on speaker, mom!"

Keiren 14

My mother mostly just ignores my problems in favor of her TV shows. Sorry your mom sucks, OP.

When I lived at home my mom did the same thing, No. 84. If I DARED utter a word, no matter how important, she'd snarl 'buzz off' at me and crank up the volume on the idiot box. Later she'd be pissed at me that I hadn't told her something important but the problem was I couldn't spit out three sentences before getting the 'buzz off' dismissal and the volume turned up to a deafening level. The TV is STILL more important than I am so it doesn't get any better with age.

Mossadchick 5

Wow how cold is that? I see parents getting colder an colder towards their children and it really saddens me. I think that's a problem with this generation, they are not coddled they are neglected.

I kinda have to agree with what someone said above, maybe OP's mom has heard it all before and has run out of ways to help. I have really bad panic attacks about the same thing and have had them all my life, when I get one I usually call my mom and I usually get a similar reception because its the same thing every single time and my mom just doesn't know how to help anymore. So long story short, maybe OP's mom isn't a cold heartless bitch after all.

Yeah, but she still could have said something better. I mean, even "I'm not sure how I can help you here" will do. Not "can I hang up now". That's just rude in every case.