By Anonymous - 03/05/2012 11:37 - Australia

Today, I called my mum, crying because of my low self-esteem. She interrupted my sobs by saying, "Can I hang up now? The phone's getting hot." FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 104
You deserved it 6 047

Same thing different taste

Top comments

olpally 32

Your mom is horrible!!! Sheesh... Parents are terrible sometimes... Don't let her get to you like that.. The fml community supports you op! Hang in there!

Comments

Well, it is time consuming listening to someones problems when really they are trivial

"Thanks for the morale booster Mom, love you too!"

Try doing some volunteering. Its hard to feel down about oneself when you're helping other people. ;)

Dont worry, when your Mom gets old, miserable, lonely and dependent, ditch her! Feel better and hang in there :)

stash01 0

Seeing as you're feeling down, aren't you maybe taking what your mom said the wrong way? I have a sister who talks a lot and had to tell her on more than one occasion I had to talk to her later as my phone got extremely hot. I really hope your mum wasn't being insensitive. If she was, it explains your where you get your self-esteem issues from.

Maybe you should take it as a compliment? You're SO hot that you even made the phone heat up?! Keep your chin up, OP :)

flashback.miss 28

Dont be so hard on the mom! This most likely happens all the time and she just got tired of hearing the same bitching....get a therapist instead of crying about it

Either way, the mom should help her child instead of acting like an apathetic bitch.

That's what I was thinking, No. 53. I think we have identified at least part of the OP's problem. Even if the mom's disinterest isn't the direct cause of the OP's low self-esteem, it is certainly a contributor. OP, you are seeking help from a source of your problem. Her goal isn't to help you, it's to get rid of you because you're an interruption of something she'd rather be doing. Get your butt to a real therapist who will actually listen to you and try to help you.