By Anonymous - 15/05/2013 20:12 - United States

Today, I called my mother to tell her that I got engaged. In the 15 minute conversation that followed, 13 were spent listening to how this is going to affect her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 460
You deserved it 3 340

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AnthonyWheeler15 24

She should be happy for you! Don't let anything she said get to you! Congrats!

Shortay123 14

Self centered people these days. And if she doesn't want to she doesn't have to let it affect her. Live your life the way you want to. If you are old enough to be engaged you are old enough for it not to matter how it will affect her.

Comments

this is the kind of mother in law any fiancé would fear!

bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks

perdix 29

#13, thank you for impressing us with your prodigious cut-and-paste skills.

You deserve so much respect for being the straight up gangster that you are, bro. I know it's tough as shit being a 15 year old white kid in the suburbs, spending all your days in the high school weight room working on muscles you've never actually used so you can pretend you're badass enough to be a soldier when you grow up.

peachesncreem 21

#13, what lovely photoshopping skills you have.

Epikouros 31

No, it's not photoshopped, it's his fapping arm.

Smh, people are like that these days, always making things about them.

Wow, that sucks OP. Not sure if that's better than when I had to FORCE my husband (fiance at the time) to tell his mom we were engaged and she was so upset she had to hang up immediately. Mom's can be super selfish, I totally understand your feelings; best of luck!

This is about you, not her. Enjoy yourself!

Well I can understand that if you plan on living with your husband in her house.

Well what did you except from a mom that try to take away your thunder by saying she is pregnant at the age of 55

Congratulations on your engagement OP!! As long as you're happy, then nevermind what happened. Maybe she was just a little shocked :)