By DeadBroke - 07/01/2010 05:01 - United States

Today, I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years because I was tired of his childishness and anger, so he decided to send me 540 random text messages of scrambled letters in order to mess up my phone as well, as make me pay 20 cents for each message. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 542
You deserved it 5 726

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what is this? you get charged in the us for receiving a text? land of the free my ass

Making the receiver pay for SMS is totally weak.

Comments

where in the world do you have to pay to receive texts?

v1kt4r 13

in the US of A Land of the free, just not receiving txts

thundergirl_fml 2

Only certain companies make you pay for incoming messages, nothing to do with being in the USA

YD for being a stubborn girl! He got you good though :) Guys will be guys and they know how to have fun. Too bad you don't. Your loss.

Mhm, yeah, I bet acting like a ******* imbecile is fun for the person acting like an imbecile. For people around them, who are affected by their stupidity - not so much. What exactly makes her stubborn? Not staying in relationship she does not want to be in? "Guys will be guys" - are you implying all "guys" are immature brats that can't handle relationships? Being "a guy" is not a mental handicap so that saying is pretty insulting, inaccurate, stupid. While OP's ex seems to be a bit behind in the maturity department that does not mean all guys are like that and declaring it a "gender thing" is ignorant.

andythecurefan 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Maybe she doesn't text often, so she has no need to get an unlimited texting plan, genius. In that case, she just got unlucky and screwed over this time.

greenpotatoes_fml 0

what the hell? She deserves it for not wasting her money on something she might not use that often... Somebody whose actually smart and trying to conserve and you tell her she desrves it.. couch BITHCH cough cough

Take him to a small claims court and make him pay for it.

PCH 5

Whether sending or receiving SMS, gotta pay for both in USA. Really dumb

Yes, in the US you have to pay to send or receive texts with just about any provider. You can get an unlimited plan, but it costs more. It's really ridiculous. OP, call your cell phone provider. Explain your situation. Maybe they'll reverse the charges or at least offer to sell you a package to cover the texts at a lower rate. Good call on the childishness and anger.

lmao tmobiles family plan offers 20$ unlimeted texting that covers all phones

Paying for received texts is ridiculous! I didn't even know that existed. Massive lame. FYL OP. :(

namhowell 6

Lmao. That sucks but funny. You obviously made the right decision, but revenge is a bitch eh?

youthink_fml 0

I'm sure he was an asshole while/before you dated him, but you dated him anyway. YDI.

That's not always true though, a lot of people hide their true colors until they already have you hooked. If everyone just was that way before people started dating there would be a lot less abuse issues because people just wouldn't go out with that person. There is always a chance that the OPs ex hid his childishness and anger issues for a while until after they were dating. If that's the case then they did get screwed there.

Yeah. If you don't open them, you aren't charged. :) I really, really hope you didn't open all those messages...