By trick or not treat - 31/10/2009 22:26 - France

Today, I bought fifteen bags of candy for the trick-or-treaters. I sat outside with a bowl of candy the whole night. Only one person came. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 376
You deserved it 7 225

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, so sad That sucks we did the same thing LOL more candy for you!

Why didn't you stay inside your home? But, that does suck. And it was probably cold out.

Comments

Panther_fml 0

Judging by the time that you posted this, it's no wonder nobody came... YOU WERE TOO EARLY!!!!! 6:26 pm is just a tad bit too early... So.... YDI!

I think you need to take into consideration time zone difference from here and ******* France.

suzanabanna 0

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...sorry but thats funny

Maybe the pedophile from Family Guy wasn't the best costume for you.

ydi get a life instead of waiting for random strangers to come

yottskry 0

We spend 364 days of the year telling our kids not to take sweets from strangers, then on hallowe'en we encourage them to go begging for sweets from people they don't know. Trick or treat is a stupid, horrible 'tradition' and pretty much sums up America's contribution to world culture.

Oh, don't even. Halloween has been around for centuries. Maybe not the walking around asking for candy, but there has been a holiday similar to Halloween in most major cultures for at least a thousand years. There is no way you could pin this on Americans. Sorry. Try looking up the history of Halloween before you cast judgments. It is indeed a "tradition" that was BROUGHT OVER to America when it was settled. How on earth could we have created it? Don't try to blame a country that is just over 200 years old for something that dates back centuries. "The American tradition of 'trick-or-treating' probably dates back to the early All Souls' Day parades in England. During the festivities, poor citizens would beg for food and families would give them pastries called 'soul cakes' in return for their promise to pray for the family's dead relatives." http://www.history.com/content/halloween/real-story-of-halloween/today-s-traditions Check out that website, and bite your tongue when you don't know your facts.

leksileks 0

think about it: you were SITTING outside the entire time. ppl prolly thought u were a creeper or a pedophile and didnt want their kidz raped

Falco_fml 0

If it's really that bad I would've given that one kid a crapload of candy.... unless of course that was early on and you expected more.... but anyway I'm sorry but hey more candy for you and if I could've went there I would've gladly taken it all from you. xD Oh one more thing, who buys 15 bags of candy? You only need like 5 bags tops unless you give that much away or they're tiny bags.

similar story here. sucks being the weird house on the block

Not really seeing what the problem is here. YOU GET TO KEEP 15 BAGS OF CANDY.

See, this is why I only buy candy I like anyway on Halloween.