By Anonymous - 25/09/2011 16:15 - United States

Today, I bought a UV light so I could detect cat pee, since I was sure my cat was relieving herself on the carpet. I decided to try it out in the living room first. Nearly half the room lit up like a Christmas tree. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 088
You deserved it 5 185

Same thing different taste

Comments

structuredchaoz 4

Your living room mist be either extremely small and/ or dirty, or your cat has been very busy. Cat urine does show up under uv light, but usually only when the light is near the spot. Unless you mean as you were walking around the room. Either way, get cleaning!

You know...there are other fluids that become visible in UV light. For example, sperm.

kittea86 0
mic203 2

selling it sounds about rite,I would suggest killin' it but the whole 9 lives thing could complicate things,I mean the odds are 5 out of 9 times it will comeback angry and ready to give free facial adjustments.

In all likelihood, if the carpet really did light up very brightly, you're not seeing pee-- you're seeing cleaning agents. Lint and soap/bleach/detergents show up bright white/blue. In reality, pee should show up yellow/green, and only if you're holding the light VERY close to the stain.

You might want to take your cat to the vet, especially if this is new behavior. We lost our cat to kidney disease last month. The first symptom: he began urinating on the carpet instead of the litter box.