By BadLuck - 21/12/2015 11:45 - United Kingdom - Bicester

Today, four days before Christmas, I discovered a rash on my daughter's shoulder. The doctor took one look and said, "It's chicken pox. Merry Christmas." FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 945
You deserved it 2 051

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Merry Christmas to your daughter! Once she's healed, she'll have the best gift ever! Immunity from chicken pox!

Comments

Hope she gets throught it well give her attention and be glad she got it early

Sadly, this is a Christmas you all will remember.

You get them once and then you're done! The timing does suck tho, sorry OP

No they can come back as shingles in adulthood.

Though her shoulder may be red, she can use it to guide Santa's sled.

rabid_otaku 29

Technically speaking, since there are samples of small pox kept in labs for future study, there have been several minor breakouts that were luckily contained. Unless they recently destroyed the vials and didn't say so, there is still a risk of a small pox breakout. Very small chance, but still existant.

Omfgitsmia 15

Awful timing OP. I'm so sorry. Try to make her comfortable. Hopefully the holidays can still be somewhat enjoyable.

Oh no!!! Oatmeal baths and calamine lotion!!!

An oatmeal bath, some homemade soup and some love from her family and she'll be better!

I think the real question here is was she vaccinated or not. If she was, FYL. If not YDI. Regardless of your FML OP, **** your daughter's life more. being sick on Christmas is the worst!